No sound when connecting a Panasonic Viera Plasma TV to the cable box via HDMI

Estimable
Dec 27, 2014
Picture is great but no sound. Using the same HDMI cable & connecting my Blue Ray player and both sound & Video are perfect.
TV is a Panasonic Viera model TH-42PX60U
Tag is dated Oct 2006.
There are 2 HDMI inputs and have tried them both with same results on each
Any suggestions?

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
Dec 26, 2012
Sounds like a setting in the cable box itself is set to output audio via component or digital audio instead of hdmi. Either that or if the BR/DVD is in line after the cable, it may be looking for audio input from component/digital vrs looking for audio input from hdmi. If cable and BR/DVD inputs at the tv are separate, then check the tv settings for audio input as well.

Hdmi is basically component+audio, but considering the amount of separate input/ouput variable sources, those signals often get separated by default. It's a setting somewhere, you'll just have to figure out where.

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
Dec 26, 2012
Sounds like a setting in the cable box itself is set to output audio via component or digital audio instead of hdmi. Either that or if the BR/DVD is in line after the cable, it may be looking for audio input from component/digital vrs looking for audio input from hdmi. If cable and BR/DVD inputs at the tv are separate, then check the tv settings for audio input as well.

Hdmi is basically component+audio, but considering the amount of separate input/ouput variable sources, those signals often get separated by default. It's a setting somewhere, you'll just have to figure out where.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
ggg_123 Streaming Video & TVs 4
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
Seoxis Streaming Video & TVs 0
catchgarry Streaming Video & TVs 1
Spatzle Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 4
N Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 3