No sound when using HDMI to VGA converter

Mijod007

Estimable
Oct 7, 2015
Hi, I have a laptop running windows 8 with an HDMI port and a projector that has only VGA connection. I am using an HDMI to VGA converter, images are being projected correctly but there is no sound through the usual audio-out jacks. My HDMI to VGA does not have an audio jack. Is it possible to tweak with the default settings of windows to use the HDMI port to broadcast images / video and the 3.5 mm audio jack for sound? I know that I can buy a converter with audio, but it anyone know a workaround, please share it. Thanks for any help / advice.

luketexas

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015
Hi. VGA does not support audio, so unfortunately you will have to run audio out from another source. You could use the 3.5mm headphone line out. This should work, have you changed the default audio device while the 3.5mm line out is plugged into the laptop?

Mijod007

Estimable
Oct 7, 2015
I know that VGA is only for images :no:. I would check the audio preference as you mentioned :). Unfortunately, I will not have access to both the laptop and projector until next week :ouch:. I will try and let you know. Thanks for the advice :)...