No surround sound from Laptop-Smart TV-Surround Receiver

Oct 6, 2018
I have an Asus Laptop with an HDMI output, a Panasonic Smart TV with HDMI 1, HDMI 2 (ARC) AND HDMI 3 and a Marantz SR5004 surround receiver. I've connected the laptop to HDMI 1 of the TV and from the HDMI 2 (ARC) of the TV to the HDMI OUT (ARC) of the receiver. My problem is this; when I play movies or music from my laptop (encoded DTS Surround) I only get stereo output. I have 7.1 surround capabilities. Any ideas?

Oct 6, 2018

Thanks for the reply! Just to clarify; Connect the laptop to any of the six HDMI inputs on the Marantz (but not the ARC?). I'm a little confused about connecting from the Marantz to the TV; Do I connect ARC out of Marantz to ARC of TV?

Oct 6, 2018

Thank you! It worked perfectly! I just had to make a few adjustments on the laptop and assign inputs on the receiver. Thanks again for the help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
V Streaming Video & TVs 3
I Streaming Video & TVs 3
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
Y Streaming Video & TVs 20
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 9
A Streaming Video & TVs 6
Similar threads
Question Trouble connecting projector to receiver and connecting laptop to receiver to stream video and sound to 5.1 speaker surround system
Connect Surround Sound Speakers Thru Laptop - How to?
Can't ge connected surround sound to work with laptop, despite both connected to TV
How do I get 5.1 surround from my BRripped 5.1/7.1 movies that I have in my laptop to home theater with and TV?
Cant figure out how to get my laptop onto surround sound.
My HDMI port is broke on my TV and I want to play movies off my laptop and connect to my surround sound as well best help plea
How do I get 5.1 surround sound from my laptop, to tv, to Visio soundbar?
Connecting laptop to Surround sound speaker system
3 speakers not working in surround sound with laptop
Laptop connect to LCD with HDMI , how do I connect my non hdmi receiver in order to get the surround sounds and not the LCD's
how do connect laptop to surround sound system then to tv
Please help me.. laptop to dvd(surroud sound)but w/o hdmi
Laptop to Projector to Surround Sound
How to connect, Video from Dell Laptop (HDMI), and Sound from Dell Laptop to Sony Surround System (RCA)??
No audio coming out of the surround sound when connecting HDMI cable from Laptop to Projector.
How to connect Laptop to 5.1 surround sound
laptop and sound system 5.1 surround of samsung ht d330 and projector
i connect my laptop to the surround system via hdmi and can,t get sound or video how do i fix this
How many HDMI cables do I need to connect my laptop, HDTV and home theatre system to have surround sound?
How to connect laptop through tv to access surround sound?

ASK THE COMMUNITY