No TV Sound from Home Theater - Panasonic

Wazy23

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015
Hi All,
I have a problem getting TV sound out of home theater system. I have an old Panasonic home theater system (SA-PT860) which was happily connected to my old Panasonic plasma TV. I upgraded my TV to a new 4K Panasonic TX-65CX700B and when I try to connect the TV to home theater via HDMI, I don't get any sound. I have tried both HDMI and HDMI ARC ports on my TV although the amp doesn't have a HDMI ARC function (only HDMI) since its quite a few years old. To get the TV sound out I tried both analogue (Red & White cable) and the Digital Optical cable but still no luck. I can see the home theater connects to the TV via Viera link but no sound coming. Although when I play a DVD in the home theater the sound works fine but not when on Sky or PS. Can someone please help.
Many thanks

ARC doesn't work unless both the TV and HTS support (and it has to be turned on in the set up menu too).
You should be able to get audio with the optical audio connection. If the TV audio set up menu has more than one audio choice try the other one. Make sure that you have selected the optical audio input on the HTS.

ARC doesn't work unless both the TV and HTS support (and it has to be turned on in the set up menu too).
You should be able to get audio with the optical audio connection. If the TV audio set up menu has more than one audio choice try the other one. Make sure that you have selected the optical audio input on the HTS.

Wazy23

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015
thanks for the response americanaudiophile. I have navigated on the menus on both TV and HTS but there is no option to chose Optical for audio. Especially on the HTS. am running out of options really,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
V Streaming Video & TVs 3
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1