No Video mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2018
Went to take a video on my Nokia 6 but the video mode is no longer there it's was but now all I have is just the photo mode in the camera ok I can still take photos but I want to do a video as well , have noticed that the gallery icon is missing as well not to much of a problem as all photos go straight into the goggle photos could it be the two things are related in some way just want my video function back

Mar 16, 2018
No nothing was changed no update did not install anything, did notice that the gallery had disappeared from my phone but as any pictures I took went straight to Google photos this did not worry me to much, I did not notice that the video function was not in the camera settings till I went to use it and it was not there anymore

Hmm. Try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if those items show up again (gallery, etc.). You would have limited access in that mode, but you can see if the items show on the device or not.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Mar 16, 2018
I gave up in the end , I disabled the camera app on the phone then download a new free one from the store and it works fine in video and photos better than what I had before

Jun 4, 2018

You can switch from camera to video by swiping on the screen from right to left, and from video by swiping from left to right.

Mtt

Jun 4, 2018
There is no video icon anymore. I struggled with the same icon missing issue till I found the solution by chance. Put the camera on, then swipe the screen, and you have the video functionality.

Sep 26, 2018
Swipe to left or right...yes. but not so flawlessly switch from foto to video mode....there is a bug definitely after upgrading to Oreo. (Mine is Nokia 6 2017)..it's Soo annoying to swipe again and again...sometimes working just above the black border. Solution...download third party can apps...Camera MX..no ads and it works...the switching process has no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS