Solved! Noise background in recording and meeting Skype or Zoom

May 4, 2021
Hi every one.
I have a VPCSB11FX Vaio lap top. A big noise appears on my recorded file. The noise is like in the aipport when a plane takes off. Actually it is the sound of the fan.
The same problem is when I have a meeting in Skype or Zoom. The other side hears a similar sound which is very annoying.
I did every thing such as changing the fan, changing the setting, using headset, directly speaking to the lap top. The sound still exists.
Any experience to resolve this problem?
Thanks.

Solution
There's a few things you can try, some you state you already have but worth looking again:

• Adjust any controls you can on Skype or Zoom to remove ambient noise
  • Limit the amount of things running on your laptop when on Skype or Zoom to keep the fans from spinning at a high rate
  • Try and find a fan controller app and keep the RPM's low when on calls (Don't really suggest this as fans help thermals)
  • Try Krisp or some other software solution to remove ambient noise
  • Get yourself a real microphone like a Blue Snowball or similar

CParsons

Estimable
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
There's a few things you can try, some you state you already have but worth looking again:

• Adjust any controls you can on Skype or Zoom to remove ambient noise
  • Limit the amount of things running on your laptop when on Skype or Zoom to keep the fans from spinning at a high rate
  • Try and find a fan controller app and keep the RPM's low when on calls (Don't really suggest this as fans help thermals)
  • Try Krisp or some other software solution to remove ambient noise
  • Get yourself a real microphone like a Blue Snowball or similar

Solution