Question Noise Diagnosis - Lenovo L340 Gaming 17

May 15, 2020
Hi all,

I hope you may be able to help me. I’ve got a new Lenovo L340 Gaming this week and have noticed a noise now and again. It's not there all the time and seems to be coming from one of the fans when they start to ramp up a bit. It sounds a bit like a slight scratching noise. It is quite a faint noise in all honesty and I may only be noticing it as it’s a new machine and I’m not used to it.

I’ve uploaded the noise here if you could have a listen for me - https://www.dropbox.com/t/iAc4AJChO8yVSewk

I recorded the audio right next to the fan (so it's a lot louder in the audio than in actuality) from underneath on the right side of the machine. I have a SSD and HDD inside so it did occur to me it could be noise from the HDD but just odd it seems to coincide with the fan ramping up.

I've got upgraded premium warranty for 3 years with Lenovo, I rang their premium care line yesterday and the chap said it seems normal and just to see if it gets worse. If you could just let me know if you think this is normal, what you think it might be (if anything) or if I’m just being overly sensitive to the noise as it’s a new machine.

Many thanks in advance!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 0
G Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 2
AngryMarshmallows Laptop Tech Support 1
specuuu Laptop Tech Support 5
Pippin1829 Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 0
P Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 1