Nokia Has a 'Contingency Plan' if Windows Phone 8 Fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Of course they're not going to say it now, there is no point in making MS angry when the WP8 devices are not even on the market yet.
That being said, I am willing to bet they'll embrace a platform that is already widespread *cough* Android *cough*...
I would be happy to see Firefox OS catching on.....But slim chance they'll get picked by Nokia in case WP8 flops.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
It's a relief to hear that the awesome company has a plan in place, although I think WP8 is going to be the cat's ass. I love Android too, but I'm passing on the GSIII and holding off for Nokia's flagship WP8 device!

stingray71

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Yes, you can use google with other OS's but it seems to work much better with Android. Not to mention the nifty widgets that make it easy to check things at a glance.

Android on a Nokia phone would be a good combo imho. Especially with ICS and now Jellybean, I'd like to see a Nokia custom Android Rom.

As for W8, I have zero desire to try it out. Like mikeangs2004, I'm using Google products more and more, not to mention Google Tasks.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]mikeangs2004[/nom]I use Gmail and Google Calendar etc, so Android is more efficient for me.[/citation]

Any smartphone OS is capable of using Gmail among other email providers.

Do some research first.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
I bit the bullet and bought a GS3. I love it. Android is a quality OS. And with Google backing it, I don't see how it could fail.

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
nokia has a contingency plane

andriod

seriously though, if they made a decent phone with opensource firmware im sure there would be people that would improve the firmware, all they got to do is watch the tweaks they make then implement them into the ofw

then everyone is happy

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Hmm... Windows Phone 7 needed 15 months to reach a 2% market share. Why would anybody think Windows Phone 8 will be a success? Microsoft's been forever bombing in the mobile market, and now Nokia is basically saying that they don't have confidence in WP8.

Status
Not open for further replies.