Nokia Hosts Angry Birds Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoelessinsight

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
[citation][nom]toastninja17[/nom]This...is honestly retarded.Gaming tournaments are one thing on consoles and PCs...but SMARTPHONE games???[/citation]

I think this is great. It's bringing tournament gaming to an audience that would have never before looked at video games twice.

If there are enough players for any game to hold a tournament for it, and enough people who have fun watching it to form a decent-sized audience, then I say they should go for it. They get to have fun, and they don't hurt anybody else in the process.

I love that there was a six-year-old kid in the finals. That had to be a lot of fun for him.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]shoelessinsight[/nom]I think this is great. It's bringing tournament gaming to an audience that would have never before looked at video games twice.If there are enough players for any game to hold a tournament for it, and enough people who have fun watching it to form a decent-sized audience, then I say they should go for it. They get to have fun, and they don't hurt anybody else in the process.I love that there was a six-year-old kid in the finals. That had to be a lot of fun for him.[/citation]

You do bring up a good point there.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I agree with Shoeless, even as a competitive PC gamer I find this makes me feel warm inside. Even though some see it as such as simple game, to be REALLY good at it, takes a lot of hard work and it's very challenging to compete at a high level of anything.

It's no different than the competitive spirit of modern gaming, speed running, high scores. They're all competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.