Nokia Launches 3 New Phones: the C6, C7 and E7

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
I love the clean lines of the C6. The C7 looks like it could go on a little diet and the E7 looks interesting for the business user or anyone who actually wants buttons to press when typing.

For me though it all depends on how good Symbian^3 is when launched and if succesful it will be the N8 I go for.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Looks like a good phone for the Nokia/Symbian S60 faithful, but I'm not interested.[/citation]
Surely all 3 will be running the new open source Symbian^3???

Humans think

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
My 3 last phones were all Nokia Symbian phones.

Someone has to explain me sth that I don't understand, how come there are fewer useful apps for Symbian (an opensource platform installed in almost half of the world's smartphones) than for the iPhone or Android...

It's really a riddle for me...

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
The C6 has a display which will "approve visibility on sunny days"? That's nice. I'm glad it approves. Now, how about if the display improves visibility on sunny days. That would be more useful.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
I cannot believe the amount of people that still do not understand about the new Symbian^3 OS.

It is not an update of previous Symbian OS's. It is a whole new thing. The old Symbian S60 OS was NOT open source where as the new Symbian^3 has been developed by several manufacturers and not just Nokia.

Just to be clear... Symbian^3 has not even launched yet. There are NO phone running it. The first phone to launch will be Nokia's flagship phone, the N8.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]The C6 has a display which will "approve visibility on sunny days"? That's nice. I'm glad it approves. Now, how about if the display improves visibility on sunny days. That would be more useful.[/citation]
I laughed at that error too...

scrumworks

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Great, Nokia is back in the game. Better display and camera than iCrap which everyone is tired of hearing about. And antenna that actually works.

cinergy

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Looks like a good phone for the Nokia/Symbian S60 faithful, but I'm not interested.[/citation]

New Symbian is superior to the old one. Very snappy UI.

alexmx

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
My actual phone is a treo 680 with the broken screen (no touch) and I'm thinking in buying either a c6 or a 5800 XM or NE, since the specs seem to be pretty much the same, except for the keyboard.

Don't know if anyone has had a good or bad experience with any of the mentioned.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]alexmx[/nom]My actual phone is a treo 680 with the broken screen (no touch) and I'm thinking in buying either a c6 or a 5800 XM or NE, since the specs seem to be pretty much the same, except for the keyboard.Don't know if anyone has had a good or bad experience with any of the mentioned.[/citation]
Out of those two I would definitly go for the new C6... not the older one with the keyboard. But as always, at least wait until Symbian^3 is actually launched... just in case they break it.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Too late, as I've already gotten my Android phone. Also, why doesn't Nokia put in the new 'Super-AMOLED' screen? Also, why is the resolution not WVGA?

G

Symbian is a bad choice for a new smart phone; if it's not Android or WinMo7 you are just prolonging the inevitable death of the O/S (Even then WinMo is risky).

Open sourcing an O/S that most people aren't interested in won't save you Nokia!

Status
Not open for further replies.