Nokia Launches "Most Rugged Handset to Date"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daller

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
I have an old 8800 from 2005.. it's stainless steel + sapphire glass construciton make it a nice melee weapon. :D

batman4u

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
Lets Put This Baby to the test with My Dads Legacy of Extreme CellphoneMania, He Has gone from Dropping Phones at 100MPH to Dropping them from 8 story buildings and the classic "i knew i lefted here near the pool" (1 Month ago) haha, his only Motorola (star Tac) survived everything and made almost every Nokia in his hands Perish

adamovera

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
The most rugged phones I've ever owned were ALL NOKIA's, any will do... Samsung is alright too, but not near NOKIA.

The most s**t phones I've ever owned were 1) Motorola, 2) Kyocera, 3) LG, and 4) Sony/Ericsson.

G

I've had many Nokia handsets, and despite not being particularly clumsy, I dropped most of them many times, and they continued working. One of them had a funky '4' key which was "fixed" after a drop. =)

scooterlibby

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2008
I definitely dig the new iPhone, but also miss Nokia's sturdiness. Those old 'candy bar' models were indestructible. Will we ever see a fortified smart phone?

campro

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2009
Casio Gzone... dropped in the tub. Dropped on the ground... chewed on by my son, had it almost 2 years no issues.

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
My First phone was an Audiovox 3000. It was tough as steel. I dropped that down 4 decks on a warship and the thing never missed a beat. Even the Battery stayed on.

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
Most durable I've had is my current phone, also a Nokia candybar style model: the 6010!
Thing has been with me for about four years now and still going strong on the replacement battery. If it starts to look like crap I just snap the casing off, run some air over the electronics and wipe the screen out with isopropyl. Snap it all back together and it looks like new (if you ignore the huge gouge in the screen from a previous encounter with the planet Earth).
Does it stream TV over the cell-ternet? No, but it does make phone calls.
And surprisingly, I have never broken a cellphone. It's always the people I lend them to who do it.

f-gomes

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
Nokia 6021 would have won the USA a couple of wars in the past. It is very, very hard to make it malfunction.
I also had an 8800 which I used frequently as a hammer. It never broke, I eventually lost it, unfortunately.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]There is no 'more rugged' phone than the Nokia 1100.[/citation]

Except for that old nokia with the black 'n white screen. I dropped it onto concrete from 2 stories up, no problems. Washed it in a washing machine... it rewired the buttons to different things for about 5 hours, but after that, no problems.

Phones today can't even take a drop from 3 feet. :_(

On the other hand, anything in a Otterbox Defender case is practically bulletproof.

NaNoSoLdIeR

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
nokia 3210 omg i played tennis with one of this and it still didn't break, a few scratches here and there but nothing else, grr it took forever to destroy that one so that i could ask my parents at the time for a new one...

Status
Not open for further replies.