Bigger Screen Size
Gorilla Glass 3
Better Carl Zeiss Camera
Lower Price

Things I DON'T Like in Lumia 640XL:
Small Ram: 1 GB
Small Rom: 8GB
Plastic Body :(

My Opinion: I personally want to buy Lumia 640XL due to its Pros, but only 2 things that are changing my mind are lower Ram/Rom = 1GB/8GB.

So based on overall features/performance, please let me know which one do you recommend?

Here are Microsoft & Huawei website official links.
http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/phone/lumia640-xl/
http://consumer.huawei.com/minisite/worldwide/Ascend-G7/

Thanks a lot.

Solution
Windows phone works smoothly on 1 gb RAM.. you don't have to worry about the ram.. Nothing hangs.. And the windows phone designs are considered beautiful.. Lumia 640XL because Lumia is really the most personal smarthphone in this world(experience) .. And it's a great deal.

bruce20

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
And not to mention I'm not considering these brands Apple iPhones/HTC/Sony/LG/Motrolla/Lenovo etc.

I DO like Samsung Galaxy Phones as well, so feel free if you can recommend any of them. But I guess their prices will be higher than the above 2 options & I'm not willing to pay more than the price range of the above 2, so please recommend accordingly. Thanks.

cmarps

Estimable
Mar 18, 2015
Windows phone works smoothly on 1 gb RAM.. you don't have to worry about the ram.. Nothing hangs.. And the windows phone designs are considered beautiful.. Lumia 640XL because Lumia is really the most personal smarthphone in this world(experience) .. And it's a great deal.

Solution

bruce20

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013

OK Cool. I like Lumia 640 XL. By the way, I'm wondering why this Lumia is being called "MICROSOFT Lumia"? Lumia series is owned & manufactured by Nokia. I'm confused! Is 640 XL being manufactured by Microsoft? Or its just Nokia let Microsoft use their name on the phone?

bruce20

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013

Oh OK! I'm based in Pakistan & Nokia DO offer official warranty here. But Microsoft don't offer any warranty in Pakistan, like Xbox 360/Xbox One have no warranty here, since there is no microsoft support in Pakistan.

If Microsoft purchased Nokia's devices division, does that mean from now on there will be no warranty on (Microsoft's) Lumia mobile phones?

I don't want to buy a mobile without warranty! Huawei & Samsung both offer official warranty in our country, while Samsung even offers accidental warranty!

cmarps

Estimable
Mar 18, 2015
Of course there is a warranty brother.. And as Microsoft and nokia have united.. Like the tablets launched by microsoft have nokia brand name.. Nokia stores will take care of ur phone!! Even if its a microsoft device!! I hope u understood the point!! They have merged!! Nokia still operates here in India too!! And a lot of other countires!! But it operates under Microsoft

bruce20

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013

I see, makes perfect sense! Sounds good to hear!

bruce20

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013

Hi Mate,

Any idea how much space will be available (Free) out of 8GB?

Like on most 8GB Android devices 4,5GB is available to use.

bruce20

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013

And what you think of "Samsung Galaxy Grand Max"?

Its specs are also good, but its a bit smaller in size as compared to Lumia 640 XL. But price point is very close I guess!

Your thoughts please?

Manish Bidhuri

Estimable
Oct 22, 2014

Also consider Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 and Lumia 640xl is going to upgrade to windows 10.