Nokia Lumia 920, 820 Receives Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
So a patch that deals with technical issues of the phone is only available through a certain network and everyone else gets shafted and has to wait for the already known to be working patch? It's not even a few weeks, but a couple of months. That is seriously bad support from Nokia and with these known issues and delays in a support fix, the sale of units should drop seriously.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]SchizoFrog[/nom]So a patch that deals with technical issues of the phone is only available through a certain network and everyone else gets shafted and has to wait for the already known to be working patch? It's not even a few weeks, but a couple of months. That is seriously bad support from Nokia and with these known issues and delays in a support fix, the sale of units should drop seriously.[/citation]
That's no different than Android. It can take months to get bug fixes. Depends if with Windows Phone 8 they have to get carrier approval before pushing it out. That is a huge problem for Android users. I know Motorola and other Android OEM's have to submit every little software update, even patches for bugs, to Verizon for approval before it can be sent out, and Verizon has never approved them in a timely fashion.

universal remonster

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks for the heads up. Downloading my update now! I'm curious to see any difference in the imaging as my 920 looked like it was already taking great pictures. Also, I haven't had any complaints with my battery life, so these improvements will be really nice!

dthx

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
[citation][nom]SchizoFrog[/nom]So a patch that deals with technical issues of the phone is only available through a certain network and everyone else gets shafted and has to wait for the already known to be working patch? It's not even a few weeks, but a couple of months. That is seriously bad support from Nokia and with these known issues and delays in a support fix, the sale of units should drop seriously.[/citation]
Is there any new phone model that works perfectly from day zero???
Think of what the first iPhones model was able to do in the three first months of his life : you could phone, use the calculator and show a game that uses the G-sensor to your friends but that was pretty much it. And think about how stable Android phones are in general (I can speak for HTC and Samsung models). Even with a mature ROM, two weeks without needing to reboot because of forced stops or a because of a process that is eating up all your battery would be a miracle.
As it is, the Lumias are usable and packed with features, so waiting for two months for the improvements doesn't sound so terrible...

safcmanfr

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008

couple of months? it was launched in November. 1 month to get a major patch is pretty good imo. They have been launching minor patches and tweeks since day 0.

boogalooelectric

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
The only time I had battery issues on my 820 was when I installed a different battery monitor app that shows the battery levels on the lock screen. When I installed that my battery would drop very quickly, after ditching it I have to recharge it about every 5 days or so.

I have not had any Bluetooth issues mine either. My Android Tablet does, but not my phone, it sounds great.

But I am downloading the patch now. I like that they are updating it so quickly, that is a good omen to me. I really like this phone so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.