Nokia N8 Has 12MP Cam, 720p, HDMI; Coming Q3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
Only € 370 ? I still remember when the N95 came out it cost around € 700 !

This thing is going to steal back the crown from the iPhone.

kobbra

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
It also has the biggest ever image sensor on a phone, being actually larger then most sensors on point and shoot cameras. Has FIVE band 3G(850/900/1700/1900/2100), quad band gsm, b/g/n wi-fi.

Check this link for more information: http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n8_goes_official_with_12mp_camera_and_hd_video-news-1610.php

and this link for some photo samples(which are absolutely impressive for any compact camera not to mention for a phone): http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_teases_us_with_some_fullres_n8_camera_samples_we_drool-news-1612.php

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
This is a massive jump forward from Nokia and I am looking forward to it. However, I think it will depend on three things:

1)The operators that decide to pick it up as an option.
2)How good the new Symbian 3 OS is.

...and most importantly...

3) Just how good/nice the iPhone 4G/HD is.

But this has definately got my attention and it will take massive failures from Nokia with this phone and even larger positives from Apple to stop me going with this later this year!

I can't wait!

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
You know what, Apple might create the biggest buzz & hypes about their products, turn them into bestsellers by sheer marketing power. But when it comes to good 'ol wireless communication, Nokia remains the grandaddy of them all.

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Just as digital cameras somewhat stopped the illusive race for the highest pixel densities, smart-phones apparently are not "smart" enough to avoid that very same idiosyncrasy on an even smaller chip.

matt314

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
The hardware is not the most important part of a phone. Sure its nice to have all the features you want, but Apple (as much as I hate the company) proved that software is much more important. As long as you have decent (and good looking) hardware, the phone will sell amazingly well. The iPhone OS was in 2007 far better than anything else... now if only Apple would take that stick out of their ass, and stop being so arrogant, I would buy one.

In any case, I think nokia is still lacking on the software side...

Status
Not open for further replies.