Nokia Offers $100 to All Lumia 900 Owners Over Data Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

bauboni

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]Embarassing. Does this mean the smartphone beta test is still on?[/citation]

No, it means that Nokia respects their costumers way more than Apple (iPhone4 signal problems?)

JimmiG

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
“If you’ve ever had the nagging suspicion that your Lumia 900 was actually a borderline defective glorified prototype in some type of secret product test -- you may have been on to something.”

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Wow, that's actually really sweet deal. There's a FIX in place, you get $100 and you can still get this deal until 4/21. .... now if only this was available through Verizon :( I wouldn't use AT&T if last carrier on earth, I'll go back to tin cans if I must.

phexac

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Gotta love how the minds of posters here work:

Nokia screws up and has to pay compensation to its customers....therefore.....APPLE IS BAD!!!

IAmVortigaunt

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
[citation][nom]phexac[/nom]Gotta love how the minds of posters here work:Nokia screws up and has to pay compensation to its customers....therefore.....APPLE IS BAD!!![/citation]

Well, it's not such a logical leap, considering both are connectivity issues, and they're comparing each company's handling of the problem. Apple waited for a while and then when the hype reached critical mass, chose to give people bumper cases. Nokia got out front on the issue (it launched a few days ago), is fixing the problem, and giving people $100.

IAmVortigaunt

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
"In case you missed the specs for this one, the Lumia 900 is similar to the 710 and 800 in appearance but is packing a bit more of a punch under the hood."

Doesn't really look like the 710...

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
[citation][nom]phexac[/nom]Gotta love how the minds of posters here work:Nokia screws up and has to pay compensation to its customers....therefore.....APPLE IS BAD!!![/citation]

Huge difference between apple giving people a bumper and 15 bucks to stop the law suits and nokia giving their customers $100 without even being sued. Shows a huge difference in customer service between the two companies. Especially when you consider the whole "you're holding it wrong" position apple held before giving out bumpers and the 15 bucks.

mcvf

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
I love the fact that what is supposed to be the best Windows phone is in fact given away for free ... Maybe MS is now secretly adpoting free-to-all strategy together with Nokia?

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]bauboni[/nom]No, it means that Nokia respects their costumers way more than Apple (iPhone4 signal problems?)[/citation]
it's not about respect, it's about keeping the people happy....anyone will take $100 and be happy

G

If Nokia in the same leading position like Apple now, they would give middle finger to their customers as well. Don't be so naive people, these are big corporations - they don't give crap to public given the opportunity.

phexac

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Nokia is faster to respond because it does not have nearly as strong a hold on its customers as Apple does. Nokia is a meh company coming up with a phone sporting a struggling OS. An unaddressed issue such as this would kill this phone (even more dead than it already is). Nokia does this out of necessity, not goodness of their hearts. Apple, on the other hand, knows that the popularity of its iPhone is safe, even with the antenna issue. Hence they were slower to respond.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Wasn't Apple offering only $15 for their antenna issue after the consumers put a gun to their head? You can't fix that with a software update, and here Nokia is offering $100 for a faulty piece of software they already have a patch out for.

DigitalWarlord

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]it's not about respect, it's about keeping the people happy....anyone will take $100 and be happy[/citation]

Giving someone 100 bucks to keep them happy is a form of respect if you ask me.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]DigitalWarlord[/nom]Giving someone 100 bucks to keep them happy is a form of respect if you ask me.[/citation]
no it's not....it's called bribing...like it or not that's how i see it

pneumo

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]no it's not....it's called bribing...like it or not that's how i see it[/citation]
How's that bribibg???
They aren't paying you to be happy and show your love.
You can take the money and still be unhappy,
Bribery has nothing to do with it.
It's just good PR

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]Embarassing. Does this mean the smartphone beta test is still on?[/citation]
I wonder why the people who downvoted you did not see the funny connection with Nokia's commercials.
Maybe it's true what it was said in the previous article about internet messing up our ability to memorize.

Status
Not open for further replies.