Nokia, RIM, HTC, Samsung Open Fire on Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellknight_mnd

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
Why is it so hard to accept that Apple screwed the antenna.. and dragging other companies into this affair is highly disrespectful.. If any other company had this issue and they dragged Apple into this, I'm sure there would've been a lawsuit... Apple would've sued them...

mr_unconcerned

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
While I agree that Apple needlessly opened a big ol' can of worms by dragging the community into their party, phone reception is affected by being held, or stuck against your head. For most, the signal loss is negligible, but manufacturers want to keep the subject under the rug anyway.

Apple isn't having much luck with new releases of phones. First the debacle over the price drop on the 1'st iPhone, now this.

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
APPLE- I loved your products since the first Ipod's came out. I love my first generation ipod Touch. Still works great. But not owning up to your mistakes fully, and dragging the other phone manufactuers into your bad design problems is wrong. Re-design the damn antenna and recall the phones. I want one but I'll wait till you get the bugs ironned out first.

wing2010

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
It doesn't matter whether others have the same problme or not. If you have a reception problem because of design flaw, admit and fix it. After that, move on. Don't give the excuse that others have it and you are off the hook. It just makes the matter getting worst!!!

G

I admit I like Apple's products and innovationgs. However, at times APPLE is just SO full of itself. It looks at itself as infallible, and if it does have "issues", it tries to take others down with them rather than owning up and apologizing to their customers. It's really a wonder sometimes why they're able to get away with these things. Hope the class action against them would somewhat teach them a lesson. But somehow, I doubt it.

mrecio

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
I am glad apple is getting all this bad PR, their products are overpriced. The only Apple product I have ever owned is the iPhone 3GS and I will not purchase another apple product.

They sacrifice way to much for the "Apple Cool Factor" This thing is a phone first and should have as near perfect calls before anything else is added. They even used an inaccurate formula for displaying bars are you kidding? anyone who thinks that was a mistake and not intentional doesn't know Corporate america.

I don't like big corporations but Apple(Steve Jobs) is by far the worst, but until people decide that they rather have something that works instead of the next best thing or the coolest looking thing then apple will be able to do this over and over again.

orionantares

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
Well you know they screwed up when a major company that wasn't even involved in the smear steps in to smack Apple. Seriously, attacking others for your screw-up, disgusting.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]guzz46[/nom]I still don't know why they don't sue apple for making such claims[/citation]

Because it is true that every phone has its weak spot.

However, while it is the problem everybody knows in the field, it does not make Apple look right by putting them on the table. Actually it just make Apple look even worse.

The fact is, the new iPhone4 has antenna problem and currently they do not have a fix for it (without a major change on the design)but covering it up with a bumper.

So only few things Apple can do at this moment:
1) "recall": Apple is doing its own way of recall.... by giving a full refund!!
2) Temp fix: well... we all know... the free bumper/case
3) Well... the people who bought the iPhone4 can take whatever it is if they decide to keep it..

I can understand these maybe the only few things Apple can do right at this moment... BUT... dragging other companies down with them.. putting other companies under the bus... is NOT going to make Apple look better... actually just making it worse.
If Jobs is smart he should not say this on the stage.. he should hired some journalists and bloggers to say so... not himself... Like the stupid PR BP CEO have done, this is definitely another textbook example of what should not happen for a good PR.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
By the way, one interesting observation:

None the response from these companies actually defend those phones appeared on Apple's press conference. No matter how will they were talking in their response, none of them actually said Apple's test result was actually a lie.

Does that means those signal problems were actually true on those phones?

bigght

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
Just another reason I personally would never buy an IPhone or Apple product. Over-priced, over-hyped. Steve, nice try at pointing fingers. You have a flawed product.

dco

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
I've never had an opinion one way or another about apple because ive never owned any of their products. But after seeing how they've handled this relatively small problem, from straight out denying it to now trying to drag other companys down. It's really shed light on how they operate as a business and how they view their customers, i personally will never give them any of my money because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.