Nokia Says Putting Android on Phones is Like Peeing Your Pants for Warmth

Status
Not open for further replies.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
LOL! Come up with a better OS and content delivery platform and I will buy your phones again.
It used to be that whenever I bought a mobile phone, it had to be Nokia, but Apple and HTC have realised people want a lot more in mobile phones.

roshith_k

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
I almost forgot what symbian OS was. Its time nokia moved on. There was a time when I preferred Nokia over samsung, motorola, LG or anything else.. but now things have changed.

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
when i was to buy a new phone, and i bought 2 phone in a span of 2yrs, i did not even looked at nokia. i do alot of research before i buy, i read around the net, reviews, problems on a certain model and whatnot. but i did not even looked what nokia has to offer on the budget that i have.
years ago, majority in my country uses nokia, not anymore. they spew out so many models they almost ran out of numbers to call em.

mcvf

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
I actually think that having Android is awesome. Finally, more or less uniform environment guaranteeing compatibility perhaps for 80-90% of applications between different phones. Now one can finally concentrate on picking the right HW he likes without constant: With Samsung I can have this, but not that. Well, Nokia has awesome this, but fails there. And Sonny Ericson is good for this, but totally sucks at that.
I mean I feel thrilled like when PCs started and you can build up your home PC at home from components you want! Its not that far, but I really like idea of the similar/same SW options with focus on choosing good HW to support it. I can finally choose which keyboard or display I like without being locked down by SW features I would like to have.

Poisoner

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Heh, Nokia is struggling for relevancy in the fast changing world of mobile devices. In fact this article is a perfect example of why they are no longer relevant. Such a shame.

spentshells

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2006
smart move keep the profit in your pocket...nokia
The only issues I see is that android is a pretty flawed OS
And symbian is just poorly designed it works great but makes little to no sense

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished
Nokia, give people what THEY want, not what YOU want them to have just to make you happy, and you might start selling more phones. Other companies have already figured this out.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Less money for Nokia then, their new phones won't be recognized because people will want "An Android phone".

I'm sure most people will walk in and go "is this an Android?".

Status
Not open for further replies.