Nokia Slaps HTC in the Face With 'Survival Kits'

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
definatly amusing smart move rescheduling, kinda of dick of nokia if it was a genuine mistake, a hilarious retaliation if it was not a mistake..

i hope it was just a misunderstanding and no harm done and free sandwiches and foam fingers for some as a aftereffect :D

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Didn't everyone at the google mobile conference get a free nexus one? If you really don't want people to go to the HTC conference then you should have had it the same day, and annouced that you were giving away free phones to all that attend.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
This is very clever of Nokia, taking a little jab at HTC. I do hope HTC has some response, but they might have been caught off-guard.

I suppose Nokia could have just distributed a 5-minute video showing how you can induce HTC phones to have bad reception by holding them in various ways. But Nokia would have to be a jealous, immature, pompous, arrogant ass-hat to do that. They have more class.

pug_s

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2003
Ham Tomato Cheese is a stupid PR move. Maybe people would get a laugh then buy an HTC phone instead of a nokia.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
There is no way Nokia can keep up with HTC's Android series, no matter what Nokia wanna do, at least not without Meego!
When will Nokia starts to learn : Symbian will kill Nokia in no time!
Not delivering Meego ASAP could be dangerous for Nokia.
On the other hand, Nokia is back leading the cellphone battle in terms of hardware, I kinda like E7...but it is just way too expensive!

scrumworks

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]guanyu210379[/nom]There is no way Nokia can keep up with HTC's Android series, no matter what Nokia wanna do, at least not without Meego!When will Nokia starts to learn : Symbian will kill Nokia in no time!Not delivering Meego ASAP could be dangerous for Nokia.On the other hand, Nokia is back leading the cellphone battle in terms of hardware, I kinda like E7...but it is just way too expensive![/citation]

I think they should assigned you as Nokia CEO instead of Elop. You seem to have all the answers. S40/S60 devices are selling by hundreds of millions per year btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.