Nokia Still Beats Apple Easily in the Mobile Browsing Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

beruli

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
It also shows that apple had the largest decrease out of all of them and is hardly flat. Also, anyone know who the unknown is on the chart, looks like an increase of about 12% in 1 month?

tuch92

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Cue the "my browser is better than your browser" comments in 3...2...1...[/citation]
If this was about browsers that might make sense.

yannigr

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
unknown I guess is the sum from all these Chinese "No name" phones in the market.
I am waiting to see a chart with "unknown" in it, only for tablets. It is going to be FUN.

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Maybe it's one of the 3rd party browsers on Android? Dolphin, firefox, skyfire, or something that wasn't mentioned... That's my guess at least.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Someone needs to learn how to read charts. Apple dropped MORE than Nokia on it.

You'd think someone would be able to put a name to a mobile OS that jumped to fourth on the chart in one month.

I get the sneaking suspicion some pro-Apple entity is trying to make Nokia look bad, and the "unknown" is actually the phones Nokia recently released using Windows. The graph for "Nokia" is their old OS (Symbian). (This probably isn't right, but the chart has me wondering what's going on, and why the author of the article feels compelled to shore up perception of Apple's loss of market share).

;)

Yargnit

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Something is up with the March data to be sure. At this point I'd just read through February and toss out March entirely. It's just to unexplainably off from the steady trends that go back years.

mrmez

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Analytics from my websites show entirely different results...

iPad is #1 accounting for ~73%
iPhone #2 with ~17%
The last 10% is a mix of 4% iPod touch, and 4% unknown.

Results vary slightly, but its the same story across 3 different websites.
In fact, across all websites there is no record of even a single page view from a nokia device.

ismaeljrp

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
[citation][nom]loomis86[/nom]unknown???What is that? Windows phones?[/citation]

They are not comparing mobil OS's in the chart...it's comparing Handset makers in general.

G

I'm still kinda foggy about those laymen terms in fact, even the true #define of "smartphone" eludes me.

Unknown being no-brand or local brand J2ME phones?

My take is that Nokia at least know the sorry state of Symbian; as a result it was stuffed with all kinds of business utilities and top-notch hardware as a good direct competitor to Blackberry, I have E72 something equivocal Android or lesser iOS or BB device would cost least 3x more.

scrumworks

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Apple is just one pompous and arrogant company with one or two products. I've noticed that most Apple users are non-technical losers always going with the trend knowing nothing what they actually have bought. "ooh, shiny!, here, take my 600$ Apple!" That's the mindset of typical Apple owner.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Unknowns may be introduced by updates( this is pretty clear when viewing other charts ), so if iOS got an update this month, much of the unknowns could be because of that.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]mrmez[/nom]Analytics from my websites show entirely different results...iPad is #1 accounting for ~73%iPhone #2 with ~17%The last 10% is a mix of 4% iPod touch, and 4% unknown.Results vary slightly, but its the same story across 3 different websites.In fact, across all websites there is no record of even a single page view from a nokia device.[/citation]
Could you please provide the links?

Status
Not open for further replies.