Nokia to Support Firefox OS With Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
My next phone will be a showdown between Blackberry 10 and Firefox OS. I've lost some interest in Android and Apple is out of the question. I want to support RIM and it's Blackberry line but I also want to see what Mozilla can bring to the table that Android or iOS cannot provide.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Wouldn't it be nice if we could switch between OSes like we switch between Programs (Apps for you kids) ?
Oh, what a wonderful world it would be; oooooooh yeah. (Sorry Satchmo)

_TuxUser_

Honorable
Feb 10, 2012
I guess Nokia has noticed that they lost 50% smartphone sales from Q2 to Q3, so the only way to make money is to spread the Ovi-maps to as many operating systems as possible. I hope they really will understand to sell their soul to cellphone loose don't make profit, just losses.

_TuxUser_

Honorable
Feb 10, 2012
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Wouldn't it be nice if we could switch between OSes like we switch between Programs (Apps for you kids) ?Oh, what a wonderful world it would be; oooooooh yeah. (Sorry Satchmo)[/citation]
Nokia made three phones which allowed you to switch OS, the N900, N950 and the N9 (the last one was the most popular smartphone they made, sold 3 times better than those "new" ones).

edogawa

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]I can already picture the sales pitch : "Firefox Maps : It's not Apple Maps!"[/citation]

And a logo of a fox eating an apple. :p

jaksun5

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Realistically, everyone loved Nokia for 2 reasons: they had the best hardware and the best real time operating system. Now that Symbian is gone, it would make perfect sense for Nokia to diversify by offerring Windows 7, Android and hopefully any other worthwhile OS on the last advantage they have, the ability to create hardware which arguably is better than Apples (and they are probably the only co. that can say that without twitching).

Even better if they allow multiple OSes on the same hardware, I'd be sold!

CyberAngel

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
Lumia 920 (WP8+)
Nokia 920 (Symbian Carla)
Nokia Droid 920 (Key Lime Pie 5.0)
SAME HARDWARE (slightly different bottom row key labels and name tags)

Sorry, iOS 6.1 Rotten Fruit model is not available.
It would change the maps to "better", switch OIS for a nice purple (or pink) haze and chip off most of the paint, lose LTE in most European countries and the phone would be so light that it would slip from your fingers and shatter on the floor. Anyway you are holding it always wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.