Nokia's First MeeGo Device Will Hit in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00ey

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
I hope they will add widgets as it is on android. Otherwise it looks really nice. I hope the GUI on the end version will be more fluent than it is on this demonstration. It would also be nice if one could run Android apps on Meego.

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Talking about meego a year ago and by the time its released win 7 tablet will be out. When it was announced there was nothing on the shelf to compare it to, but its going to be a little too late in 2011.

experimentxx

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2010
From what I see, MeeGo looks like way superior in terms of functionality compared to "others" even without the hundreds of thousands of crap apps.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]Boxa786[/nom]Talking about meego a year ago and by the time its released win 7 tablet will be out. When it was announced there was nothing on the shelf to compare it to, but its going to be a little too late in 2011.[/citation]

You could say the same thing about a Windows 7 tablet. The HP Slate was announced last January during the MSFT keynote at CES 2010 and here we are, almost a year later, we already have an Android tablet but no Windows 7 tablet. You're right about Nokia taking its time; it just seems like everyone is taking their sweet time.

Status
Not open for further replies.