Solved! Non-Dolby Audio From My Computer Doesn't Use The Sub woofer.

power6053

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
The HDMI output of my computer runs from my RX580 to my Sony STR-DH770, from there I have 4 Klipsch R-15M speakers and a R-10SW. When I use the speaker test in the sound settings everything is correct, and the speakers play the test sounds in 4.1 surround. When I play the clips from Dolby access the sub-woofer works. When I play the Dolby atmos .mp4 clips it works correctly.

My problem is with non-Dolby audio in chrome I have the #try-supported-channel-layouts enabled, and --disable-audio-output-resampler on my shortcut. No matter what I can't get audio to anything other then my front left and right speakers.

Is there a setting on my receiver or on my computer to upmix 2.0 audio to use the 4.1 system?

Update: I set my receiver from Direct to Multi, but I am still not getting audio from the sub.

Solution
Solution: When set to multi the receiver will upmix audio to all the speakers, however unless the speaker are set to small in the receiver settings the sub woofer will not receive audio.

power6053

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Solution: When set to multi the receiver will upmix audio to all the speakers, however unless the speaker are set to small in the receiver settings the sub woofer will not receive audio.

Solution