Question Nook Color can't get past network connectivity

jackdusty

Estimable
Aug 16, 2016
When you try to continue setup, it says a network-related error occurred. You may have lost connectivity to the local wireless network.

Nook reset problem My Nook Color will not successfully go through the set up after going into a factory reset. After it asks to choose a time zone, it goes to network connections "Let's get connected" and shows our home network with strong signal. When you try to continue setup, it says a network-related error occurred. You may have lost connectivity to the local wireless network. Press continue and we'll try to test your connection. It fails and gives the Network Problem notice all over again.

I am connected.
I have tried all the suggestions available on the B& N site.
I can't update the software, to the latest Version 1.44, because the computer Windows 10 latest update, does not see the Nook Color.
I even took it into the local B&N Store to no avail.

jackdusty

Estimable
Aug 16, 2016
No it did not, the B&N assistant, just handed it back and said his computer does not see it.
I have setup Linux Mint on an old computer hoping that it will see another android, but that isn't working either.
I have bought new cords, B&N and generic, all to no avail.
I have called their 1-800-843-2665, number and all I get is young ladies reading from a manual, telling me to do everything I have already done, they don't listen to what I say and keep on and on with instructions I have read on the Nook Support site.

No it did not, the B&N assistant, just handed it back and said his computer does not see it.

I don't mean if they can do the update, did you try to connect to any other wireless signal outside your home? Maybe a hardware issue with the wireless cards. I run into those at times on mobile devices at work, wifi chip just goes bad and when you check the hardware it has a weird looking MAC address.

jackdusty

Estimable
Aug 16, 2016
Thanks for the replies, I do appreciate them.

No I did not try and connect, I assumed the B&N Guy did, next time I am in town I will try.
I have hassled their phone support, they offered me $50.00 trade in, must be done over the phone though, I can buy one on EBay for $25.00 shipped. complete with fancy covers etc.