Norton Facebook Scanner Now Supports Likejacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archean

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
it also sports the same bullseye donned by the Windows OS and Adobe Flash platforms:

Why do we have to make do with this bullshit? There is always a way to compromise any OS be it windows or any nix or Mac OS for that matter. Have you bothered to read about recent LDAP bug? I doubt it though, just take a look http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/938-69-lion-blindly-accepts-ldap-password.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Archean[/nom]Why do we have to make do with this bullshit? There is always a way to compromise any OS be it windows or any nix or Mac OS for that matter. Have you bothered to read about recent LDAP bug? I doubt it though, just take a look http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/ [...] -password.[/citation]
I don't think that the comment was meant to be negative toward Windows.

While you are exactly right that every IS is susceptible to compromise, the article is also right in the fact that Windows is a popular target. The reason being it's popularity. I think that's the comparison being made, the enormous popularity of Facebook in it's genre is similar to Windows and Flash in theirs.

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Norton is a name that I would not call the best,but I would call one of the least used of my anti-virus & anti-spyware protection software. So I would have no problems in dismissing Nortons products at all ! So after reading this article I will be pleased to leave this article without having a desire to return back to it.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Norton is the ONLY Anti-Virus (or at least the first) that requires you to use a third-party tool to completely uninstall their OWN Anti-Virus suite. At least they make it though, but seriously, that should be a huge embarrassment for any company selling software.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]bison88[/nom]Norton is the ONLY Anti-Virus (or at least the first) that requires you to use a third-party tool to completely uninstall their OWN Anti-Virus suite. At least they make it though, but seriously, that should be a huge embarrassment for any company selling software.[/citation]
Go to Google and type "Norton Removal Tool"
First entry is the nortons own tool from us.norton.com
Admittedly there is almost no way to find it by clicking links from the homepage, its a bit like trying to find Vogon construction plans.
...You hadn't exactly gone out of your way to call attention to them had you? I mean like actually telling anyone or anything.' But the plans were on display...' on display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.' `That's the display department.' `With a torch.' `Ah, well the lights had probably gone.' `So had the stairs.' `But look you found the notice didn't you?' `Yes,' said Arthur, `yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying "Beware of The Leopard"

Still you have a real version now, should you ever find a person still daft enough to install Norton again.

oxxfatelostxxo

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
Always used Norton and always will. Never had one virus slip into my system with it
Never had a virus that you knew about you mean... Nothing is fullproof and nothing picks up everything.
I use Norton, its simple.. every now and then it finds or blocks something... but im not naive enough to think that it catches everything. Which is pretty much why i have offline backups, and i format my computer about every 6 months.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Guys, Symantec software is not bloated these days. You haven't seen what I've seen with Norton 360 5.0 on a Atom netbook. It installs in under 3 minutes, hardly slows down booting at all. They really have cut down on the bloat and sure it sure is effective at protecting your computer. They are right up there with Kaspersky and the other big players when it comes to protection.

The safeweb app does NOT run on your computer, it runs on the cloud. It's just an 'app' you add to your facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.