Norton is blocking Google chrome,Mozzila Firefox... Only Explorer works

turbopiki

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
So Norton is blocking Google chrome and Mozzila Firefox didnt try any other. only Explorer Works. I need to turn off Norton for Chrome and Firefox to work. So how can i completly delete Norton from my system ? And what is the best anti-virus programe ? (I already have Malwarebytes)

Solution
Uninstall from control panel, programs and features. I prefer avast free but do a custom install and uncheck all of the tools except for browser cleanup. Avast+ Malwarebytes has been a great combination for me for years.

reedo_43

Distinguished
Uninstall from control panel, programs and features. I prefer avast free but do a custom install and uncheck all of the tools except for browser cleanup. Avast+ Malwarebytes has been a great combination for me for years.

Solution

MarkW

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
I use Trend Micro Maximum Security as my anti-virus/malware program. Its not free, but in several anti-virus reviews I read last year, Trend Micro was rated as one of the top 3 in each review for finding and stopping viruses and catching malware. And I want the confidence that what someone tries sneak onto my system will be stopped. And is has caught things in the past year and stopped them.

BTW, I wouldn't install Norton on my system if they paid me $1000 to do so. They were great at one time, but that was a very, very long time ago. Decades...

turbopiki

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
Thanks guy. i went with Bitdefender because of better results and i did some searching i almsot everyone reccomends for free virus defends BitDefender+Malwarebytes.

I had norton installed because i forgot to uncheck it when i was installing windows