Norton Reveals the Riskiest Cities for Cybercrime

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
LETTEH / fr0stza:

Pew! Pew! LOL It's CYBER crimes, not violent crimes!

Having been born in Philly, I was curious to see where it placed. Doesn't surprise me it's low. I went into center city on a recent visit, aside from one guy using a netbook at a restaurant, the only other "tech" I noticed anyone using was cell phones.

Of course, that might be because if someone sees you with something more advance, you'll get robbed for it :)

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
This is the most retarded way of saying things ever.

Because you live in Seattle you are at more risk? Idiotic. What it should say is "Seattle has a higher proportion of computer retarded individuals who don't adhere to intelligent use of the web"

Also, are Atlanta's users mostly on Cable or shared networks? I could see that as being a reason for more of a chance of infection or attack. If not, also equally idiotic since an attack can be launched from and to anywhere in the world.

Norton is dumb.

visa

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
[citation][nom]LATTEH[/nom]LOL philly least risky? ya right theres shottings ever day in philly[/citation]

My first reaction was thumbs down for this comment but I give you the thumbs up, sir. It's so chocked full of fail and you can't put a price tag on humor :)

techd2

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Raz:

Interesting I live north of Philly and would have thought it would have been higher also. I guess the getting robbed theory has some merit. :)

mcshasta

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
Detroit is winning at something atleast......
Not sure knowing that even criminals don't want their identity is something to cheer about though....

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Hmm.... which City of Columbus are we talking about? I know a quite few cities named that. Im guessing Columbus, OH as thats a major city

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I would be interested to know the criteria by which as city is deemed risky or not risky with respect to cyber crime. It's not like the Internet, or any of the people that use the internet to proliferate data-stealing malware, obeys geo-political borders. I suspect this is just ploy to get their name in a national headline. Nothing like a little free advertising by way of the national press.

SpadeM

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]Socrates047[/nom]why is colomus on both list, two different places[/citation]
Because norton came up with the chart

G

I really don't understand this article. I do not understand why location has anything to do with cyber security, since when you are on the Internet you are connected to the world. Does this have to do with wireless snooping, which is localized? Does this have to do with people in those cities not protecting their computers properly? I mean, what am I supposed to take away from this as far as what this may mean to my risk? Pure shiit story.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]This is the most retarded way of saying things ever.Because you live in Seattle you are at more risk? Idiotic. What it should say is "Seattle has a higher proportion of computer retarded individuals who don't adhere to intelligent use of the web"Also, are Atlanta's users mostly on Cable or shared networks? I could see that as being a reason for more of a chance of infection or attack. If not, also equally idiotic since an attack can be launched from and to anywhere in the world.Norton is dumb.[/citation]

A better title would be "Norton's Top 10 List for Computer Illiterate Cities" I haven't had a virus in years, because about 5 years ago I figured out that "click here" should never be clicked, and anything asking you to do something to get something that miiight be illegal, is bad ;) (I'm 16 now, so you can figure it out.)

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]traesta[/nom]Ok so Dallas is on the riskiest list and Ft. Worth is on the least risky list ..??? how does that work[/citation]

I was wondering the same thing, they are practically one city.
I live just north of DFW it a town of 600 people. We didn't make the least risky list. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.