Question Not able to utilize the full wifi upload speed in HP (EliteBook 840 G5) Laptop

May 5, 2022
I have an office HP laptop(Elite Book 840 G5) with windows 10 enterprise edition 64 bit connected to internet through wifi.
when I use this particular laptop and do a speed test ,the upload speed is low.
But when i use a mobile/personal laptop and apply a speed test , the upload speed matches the speed specified by ISP.
For Ex.
when I use this office laptop i get download speed as 30 Mbps and upload as 4 Mbps.
But speed test results for my personal laptop and mobile phone returns download speed as 30 Mbps and upload speed as 30 Mbps.
I have done the speed test several times and found that upload speed is not even the half of the expected .
The wireless adapter is 'Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265'

Made sure that there are no background application consuming the bandwidth in office laptop.
Made sure that VPN is not turned on in the office laptop.
Connected the office laptop through LAN cable and found that upload and download speeds are as expected.
Placed the laptop in different locations and found that the upload speed is low for office laptop when connected through wifi.
Uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless adapter but of no use .
Updated the wireless adapter driver to latest version but of no use.

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
I have an office HP laptop(Elite Book 840 G5) with windows 10 enterprise edition 64 bit connected to internet through wifi.
when I use this particular laptop and do a speed test ,the upload speed is low.
But when i use a mobile/personal laptop and apply a speed test , the upload speed matches the speed specified by ISP.

Different laptops have different wifi modules. My ZBook 17 shipped with a terrible Intel module with only 300MB/s max, and my current module pulled from a different laptop goes up to 1200MB/s.

Check the laptop to see what wifi module you have and whether it is capable of the speeds you require.