NOT CHEAP: Modern Warfare 2 DLC Will Cost $15

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow187

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Reminds me of Apple.
Take a product, squeeze all the money you can out of it. Then make it somewhat better that requires almost no extra money, and sell it for more.

G

If you want the DLC, you probably have gotten your money out of the main release and then some. I remember being a bit put off by a Left4Dead 2 release, and then realized I had put 500 hours into the previous one @ $.10/hr. That's cheap entertainment. I'd rather buy a game at a low price, and then get nickle and dimed after that, because at least then I know it's worth it. Some games you buy and immediately realize it was a mistake (like Dead Space for me). That's the situation to avoid.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Wow, another reason I'm glad I didn't buy that game and am still playing COD4. No dedicated servers, and now raping your customers for $5 a map.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
@previous comment,

I actually agree with you that I'd rather have a lower initial price and then pay for extra content (forces a publisher to continue to improve the game). However, MW2 had a virtually unheard of PC price tag of $70 and now wants to charge $5 a map on top of that?!? BS.

IFLATLINEI

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
Maybe im the only one that realizes MW2 is the same game as the original. new maps and new guns maybe but its basically just a reskin. I guess it really doesnt matter because this game became irrelevant once Battlefield Bad Company was released.

On another note. Its disgusting how much Microsoft spends on getting exclusive deals for DLC when it benefits no one. They dont make their money back from the purchase, XBOX gamers get nothing but maybe some braggin rights and for those who get left out like PS3 and PC gamers just find themselves having ill feelings toward Microsoft.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
I love how I hear MW2 fanboys telling me how BFBC2 isn't tactical because you can't lay down. I just ask them how tactical akimbo shotguns and commando (knifing from literally 10 ft away) is

ac21365

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]Wow, another reason I'm glad I didn't buy that game and am still playing COD4. No dedicated servers, and now raping your customers for $5 a map.[/citation]

This.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
YES! I LOVE to pay extra for old stuff! What would I ever do without it?!

/sarcasm

...really? If this comes to PC there will be an even greater outrage, and I certainly will not buy it. There are better games such as Bad Company 2, the two different games can't even compare.

ukcal

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
So glad I'm only playing CoD4 instead of this. I pretend the money I spent buying MW2 actually went on CoD4 because it is just so much better.
And since when do PC gamers have to pay for the content? It has always come down in patches, free of charge for us.
Keep on giving the incentive to torrent this game, Infinity Ward, you're doing well.
Oh wait, PC gamers? You don't care about us anyway.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but aren't COD multiplayer maps just the singleplayer maps with fencing around them? I am quite certain that it would less time for the developers to make a new map than it would take me to make a new Far Cry 2 map. (Which is pretty ****** easy, if I may say so myself.)

Status
Not open for further replies.