not enough space on sd card

Pai kai

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014
Hi!! I have HTC explorer. Just yesterday it showed "phone is low on storage. please make some free space before using the application". So I tried to delete photos and music files. At last I am only remaining with 7 photos. Then I deleted some apps, and deleted some update of apps. still when I open the gallery or music player, they show the same.
I had to send some photos through whatsapp and when I tried to send it showed " Failed. Out of memory.Please try again later."
My internal storage is 4.2MB
SD card storage 1.8 GB
And we have exams next week. This is the only way we exchange worksheets. What should I do. I am very confused and frustrated.
Please help!!!:'(

Solution
Your issue is that you have no free space on the internal memory.

Connect the phone to a computer, both storage locations will show up. Move any movie and photo files from the DCIM folder on the onboard memory to the SD card to the same folder. Then go the camera options and change the storage location to the SD card.

TheBates

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014
Try installing a file cleaner from the Play Store e.g. History Eraser by infolife. This will delete the cache of all of your applications (none of the user data) but should free up a good 50MB which is a start and will allow you to send pictures!

Pai kai

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014

But I don't have any phone MB left on my phone even to install an application...:(

TheBates

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014

Try and move as much as possible to the SD card e.g. music, videos and even some apps (provided your phone is running on Android 2.2).

Pai kai

Estimable
Aug 17, 2014

How can I move the files to SD card? I have no idea how to do it.:[

Your issue is that you have no free space on the internal memory.

Connect the phone to a computer, both storage locations will show up. Move any movie and photo files from the DCIM folder on the onboard memory to the SD card to the same folder. Then go the camera options and change the storage location to the SD card.

Solution