Not sure if I'm posting this in the right part of the forums....New here.....

MrRospiden

Estimable
Dec 5, 2015
I'm having a little trouble figuring out what I'm going to need to buy and how to set up my streaming setup.
My girlfriend and I want to stream together from our PS3, 360, Wii U, Xbox One, PS4, and Playstation Vita TV.

To keep it simple, unless someone tells me otherwise, we'll just keep everything in the context of the PS3(cuz I'm hoping setting up the other consoles will be the same....)
Here is where the issue comes in that I foresee us having: We have a 2 TV setup, so we can both have our own screen, no matter what.

I know in order to have a better quality video, we need HDMI. No problems there. I have easy access to cables, Walmart is 5 minutes away and Best Buy and Target are 30 minutes away. And we have some of own already here.

I also know that we will need a splitter. The HDMI cord running from the PS3 to the splitter, then on the other end one cord running from the splitter to the capture card and the other cord from the splitter to one of the TVs.
So here are my questions:

1. Do we need another splitter, and if so, how will the splitter know which signal to send to each tv? We've never had a 2 screen setup before this, although I watch AlphaOmegaSin on YouTube and he says in one of his videos that's how he and his girlfriend game together. However, he doesn't record much gameplay or do much streaming, so I'm wondering how it will play out once we try to start streaming.

2.What capture card do we need to buy, and for this setup, do we need to buy more than one? The initial idea before I really started thinking about getting everything nice and setup today was to streamline each console through a series of splitters.

3.Is this even possible, or do I need to start deal chasing extra consoles on Facebook and basically just set her up with her own setup and possibly even Twitch account?

I'm really sorry guys, I know this is a lot. I'm hoping someone looking for something to do will stumble across this thread and know exactly what I'm talking about.
Thank you guys so much in advance!!!

Solution
You will need an active HDMI distribution amplifier to split the HDMI output not a passive cable. To just connect each source to 2 TVs you would need one for each source and enough inputs on the TV for the number of sources. If the TVs don't have enough inputs you will also need to expand the number of inputs with an HDMI input selector.
Both the splitter and switching functions can be combined in a 6 input 2 output matrix HDMI selector
http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Switcher-Splitter-Control-Features/dp/B00HM874WU
It has to be able to send different sources to each TV at the same time so is not inexpensive but buying 6 active splitters and two switchers might cost more.
If you wanted to output to a capture card you would need an...
You will need an active HDMI distribution amplifier to split the HDMI output not a passive cable. To just connect each source to 2 TVs you would need one for each source and enough inputs on the TV for the number of sources. If the TVs don't have enough inputs you will also need to expand the number of inputs with an HDMI input selector.
Both the splitter and switching functions can be combined in a 6 input 2 output matrix HDMI selector
http://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Switcher-Splitter-Control-Features/dp/B00HM874WU
It has to be able to send different sources to each TV at the same time so is not inexpensive but buying 6 active splitters and two switchers might cost more.
If you wanted to output to a capture card you would need an additional HDMI output.

Solution