I have a Dell laptop and when I am connected via console to an Avaya switch it's not working the ctrl+g keys. I tried on the same switch with a different Dell laptop and it worked fine, so I think the problem is from my laptop.
But when I'm using ctrl+g (not on console) it's working well (Find and Replace/Go To).
Do you have any suggestion?
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by uninstalling/reinstalling the keyboard driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard driver.
- Reboot your laptop once done and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- After the reboot do test your keyboard again.
- If these doesn't work do connect an external USB keyboard and see if it would work or not.
- If the external keyboard works just fine you can try reinstalling Windows.
- And if reinstalling Windows will not work that's the time you can replace the keyboard itself.