Notebook charger help

JayDFC

Estimable
Apr 20, 2014
My charger for my Samsung NP355V5C-A0EUK has all of a sudden broke, and I am away to buy a new one. Do I need to buy a charger with these exact input and output specs?

INPUT: 100-240V - 1.5A(1.5A), 50-60Hz
OUTPUT: 19V - 3.16A (3.16A)

For example, can I get this http://www.amazon.co.uk/CHARGER-SAMSUNG-NP355V5C-AOEUK-NOTEBOOK-ADAPTER/dp/B00J20UW2A

If anybody can find me a charger with these exact specs in the UK or can tell me which ones I can buy for my notebook I would appreciate it.

I have seen dozens of laptops destroyed by cheap knock-off power supplies or people using the wrong one. The eBay and cheap-o power supply companies dont care if they fry your computer, they have your money and good luck trying to ever contact them.

The only safe thing is to get the OEM power supply. Now that does not mean that you need to drop $150 buying one straight from the OEM (in your case samsung). You can look on amazon or ebay or wherever and find a legit OEM one, I can normally find a legit OEM power supply for $40 or less. I wont trust my laptops, my friends/families, or any of my clients computers to anything but OEM. As far as batteries, screens, other parts sure get whatever is the best price for the quality, but I urge everyone to not buy a generic non-OEM power supply.