notebook HP 3022 beats edition heats very fast.

hrg619

Estimable
Sep 24, 2015
Hi ,

I have HP pavilion DM4 3022tx beats edition Notebook .

Am using it past 3 years .The only issue am facing nowdays is it heats up very fast within minutes on boot .since the bottom cover of the notebook is made of metal ,it heats up to very high temperature (some thing like Ironbox).
I used some temperature monitor(CPUID i think) and it shows from 60 to 100 deg C .
few months back i opened it and changed the thermal paste on CPU as well as GPU ,I cleaned the FAN ,vent etc.

Now its battery is dead (maybe its 3 nd half years old and coz of these heating issues!).Without the AC power supply ,it wont work ! (maybe the worst laptop you may feel !! but i love my notebook !! 2.5 Ghz ,core i5, 6gb ram ,i GB AMD Gddr5 GPU :D )

what could be the reason for this spotaneous heating upon boot on without any applications running foreground . I suspect ,maybe because of AMD GPU but still i use updates drivers !
I couldnt find a way out from this heating issue !!

hrg619

Estimable
Sep 24, 2015
No ! But i can sense that the fan is running fast (from the sound it makes).
Is there any way to check the current rpm the fan is running(any 3rd party software) ? What is the recommended rpm that the fan needs to run normally ?

hrg619

Estimable
Sep 24, 2015
I tried with HWMonitor but it doesnt display the CPU fan speed . One thing i noticed !
When I updated my OS to windows 10 , the temperature normally when idle was 93-95 deg C . So i reverted back to Windows 7 now the temperature when idle is between 70 - 75 deg C (still high i feel ) . The CPU fan speed is controlled by HP coolsense ,so i cannot control the speed through BIOS.
Anyother way to check the CPU fan speed ?