notebook no LCD display

johnyb98

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2015
Good evening.

It's about a notebook FUJITSU SIEMENS AMILO Si 2036.

It starts up, fan from the internal sounds ok, but I have no picture in the monitor.
It sound from the internal something like bumping in HDD or DVD-RW drive (like tic, tic, tic, tic, ...).

I do not know if one of these two is faulty, but even if indeed there is a faulty item, shouldn't the boot up process reach an error warning message or a whole laptops message like "Press F2 to enter setup"? Is it possible a faulty item to stop boot process and not display any messages in the display?

Now, let's go ahead to the more possible things, that is LCD.

Notebook has no VGA connector in order to connect it to an external monitor and help me see things like something is wrong with monitor or graphics card. It has just HDMI output, but unfortunately I do not have such monitor/TV or any cable + adapter.

Something else that may be faulty of course could be the inverter board or the backlight lamp. I have no tester to make a test, or have no second of each of them to come to a conclusion.

I have no idea what else I could do. Could you please give me some help?

Thank you!

johnyb98

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2015
Phillip, thank you very much for the answer.

I have disassembled the whole notebook, and the screen too. I indeed took a flashlight and rambled it to the whole LCD surface in order to see something in dim format. But, unfortunately, nothing appeared.

Now, according to what you say, it is very economical to replace the inverter, and have the notebook back. But, what about the GPU chipset? Don't you agree with me that we should certify that it is ok, in order to proceed to the inverter? How are we so sure that GPU is ok, and the whole fault is in the inverter, since I have not made something that certifies the correct working and no faulty GPU?