Notebook/Tablet for University student

girfes96

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Ok so as the title says this year is my first in university and im in a delema..right now i use my desktop pc (i build it) for everything i do and mostly gaming..and since im gona be moving im either going to take my desktop with me and get the Asus Transformer book t100 or something similar (i like the 2-1 form factor) and use it on the go or leave my desktop pc and get a more powerfull ultrabook like a Zenbook with a decent graphics card so i can still enjoy some of my games..

girfes96

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
well yes i looked at both of them..but the razer one despite the fact that its quite expensive its only available to U.S. and the surface 3 as far as i know doesnt have a dedicated gpu where as a 700$ ultrabook has..

Col Da Red

Estimable
Aug 28, 2014
I dont know what kind of gaming you do, but the surface can handle game like tf2 and cs source at max setting. Also asus makes great ultrabooks for not a terrible prices

I personally would say take the desktop and leave it in your dorm room for process intensive tasks like gaming and get the transformer book for taking notes and other less intensive task. I say this as the desktop is more value for money if you game a lot. Also it means you can store your notes from the tranformer book in one drive or other cloud storage and carry on using them on your desktop after lectures.