Notebook turns on, but the screen stays black

DavuZu

Estimable
Jan 25, 2016
Hello everyone. I have fujitsu siemens amilo xi3650. A couple of days ago a problem occured. After turning the notebook on, the screen would stay black. Sometimes it would turn on but mostly not.

I can faintly see the screen if I use a lamp under an angle. I have tried taking out the battery and turning the notebook on, but it did not help.

Any advice on how I can fix this problem? Any answer is much appreciated.

Solution
If you can see what should be on the screen if you view from an angle just darker, the issue is very likely the backlight. This is a fairly cheap part to replace on most units (compared to replacing your computer) and can be done with minimal skill IF you are really good at fixing things. You want to be very sure you do not get dust and debris in certain areas of the screen assembly. I'm unsure as to the cost of this part or the labor if you were to seek assistance but the issue is most definitely the back light. I have actually taken a screen assembly apart, put it back together, and it worked because there was a cable loose. You can always try that, too!

adheananda

Estimable
Jan 25, 2016
If you can see what should be on the screen if you view from an angle just darker, the issue is very likely the backlight. This is a fairly cheap part to replace on most units (compared to replacing your computer) and can be done with minimal skill IF you are really good at fixing things. You want to be very sure you do not get dust and debris in certain areas of the screen assembly. I'm unsure as to the cost of this part or the labor if you were to seek assistance but the issue is most definitely the back light. I have actually taken a screen assembly apart, put it back together, and it worked because there was a cable loose. You can always try that, too!

Solution