Now is the best time to play Cyberpunk 2077

Sep 18, 2022
This game became the #1 single player game on Steam as of Thursday or Friday. I think your comment saying the game is "likely beyond saving" was uninformed and quite obviously untrue at this point. While I usually find your opinions on games to be fairly accurate I think you might have jumped the gun on this one.

Sep 20, 2022
Cyberpunk 2077 has a checkered past, but it's now arguably in the most presentable state yet. This is the best time to dive back into Night City.

Now is the best time to play Cyberpunk 2077 : Read more

I'm not sure how could thr author get far different experience playing this game. It is simply unconvincing..

The issue with Cyberpunk beside the bug is the content. Nightcity feels dead and empty and small.

I'm amazed when the author express that he feel he could drove for hours in nightcity and life the experience of cyberpunk (Not literally what the author said, but more or less).

Nope definitely something I can't agree and unconvincing.

Sure, many bugs are squashed, but,
Cyberpunk2077 will remain bad experience unless they flesh out genuine contents to make up for the original game + expansion.

When the animation is better than the game, it tells how people can have many ideas but the fails in executing it.

GraniteStateColin

Prominent
Aug 18, 2021
@JustAGamer2022, I mostly disagree with your assessment. I would acknowledge that there is a LOT of Night City that is just scenery and that you can't access or use. This is especially true for buildings. Clearly, that's not a positive, but to use that to conclude the game is empty is wildly unfair and bizarre to me. There is more interactive content in Cyberpunk 2077's than in The Witcher 3's world. The reason I think no one complained about this in The Witcher 3 is because no one expects to be able to climb every tree in the forest, but people do have some expectation to be able to enter any building. But Cyberpunk 2077 is dense with things to do. If you put all of the quests and interactive points of Cyberpunk on the map, it is filled with things to do. And then there are all the people standing around with whom you can pick fights in addition to the hundreds of quest points.

For the millions of players who liked The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077 is basically the same game mechanic, moved to a first person view, set in a dystopian future, and with MORE game play options, RPG elements, and mechanics than were available in The Witcher 3 and much better graphics too. The Witcher 3 does benefit from Gwent and having more small quests with interesting dialog. On the other hand, there are more really rich characters to really care about on the level of the Bloody Baron in CyberPunk 2077 (several in fact). Further, the harshest critiques of Cyberpunk could all also be applied to Novigrad and all the other cities in The Witcher 3 -- most of the people and buildings are just scenery -- but contrary to what you may have read, they are actually MORE interactive in Cyberpunk. The police in Cyberpunk 2077, while not perfect, are better than the guards in The Witcher. Driving is good, especially on a motorcycle (much tougher to control the cars), which is way more fun than riding Roach. Guns are infinitely better than Geralt's crossbow. There's true stealth gameplay where cybertech gives access to new stealth features not seen in most other stealth games. Hacking (effectively magic casting) has far more options than Geralts 4 signs. Implants give you access to radically different forms of gameplay, where in the Witcher it was pretty much just swords or signs. And so on with every area that the complainers hit.

Yeah, a lot of the people wandering around Night City are just scenery, not fully flushed out NPC's, but you can at least talk with them to get more random responses than the much more static bodies in The Witcher 3. You can click on doors, they're just mostly locked. At least Cyberpunk has tagged its scenery, even if it's still mostly non-interactive. I don't recall reading anyone criticizing The Witcher 3 for these issues, and rightly so, because it was a GREAT game that deserved its many Game of the Year awards. Cyberpunk 2077 (after the fixes for the terrible state at launch) is an improvement on The Witcher 3 in many ways.

GraniteStateColin

Prominent
Aug 18, 2021
If I were to pick my biggest complaint about Cyberpunk 2077, it's that the main story line (which is excellent) effectively discourages you from doing all the side quests. It gives you a sense of urgency to go out and save yourself from certain doom and death, but to get the most out of the game, you should ignore that initially and deal with every side quest you can find before proceeding with the main quest. A simple solution to this would have been to require reaching certain levels in Street Cred to gain access to various people you need to advance the main quest, which would then have provided both relevant and more RPG-ish reasons to explore Night City and deal with all the side quests before focusing on the main storyline, which again is just brilliant. It's not just a good story for a game, it's a great story period, filled with fascinating characters, surprising plot twists, emotion, loss, and inspiring victories, many with a cost.