NRA Launches Shooting App for iOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordConrad

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2007
LaPierre's comments seem just a little ironic now that the NRA's released a shooting game of its own.
I disagree, a simulated shooting range is very different from the simulated violence and depravity in games like Grand Theft Auto.

mugiebahar

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
Are u freakin kidding me? Say what you want about the whole gun debate. And say what you want about the other video games and this app being different. You have to really have your head up your ass to think for 1 logical second that this is smart. How freakin dumb R U? Look if this were another time maybe (maybe I give you) this would or could go over. But you dumb ass LePierre, you are a freaking retarded dumb ass. Like dam you stupid freaking dumb ass. Have you no logic in your freaking stupid brain of yours? Right now the whole subject is a sensitive matter and you just screwed your own ass by being so stupid.

uglynerdman

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Practice Range, a MEDL MOBILE-developed iOS game, future dlc planned is Batman theater a Kindergarden Newtown school based practice range, Fight the tyrants ( a hardcore Christian themed right wing game) and theyll probably make a fps where they shoot liberals and climate change awareness people.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]mugiebahar[/nom]Are u freakin kidding me? Say what you want about the whole gun debate. And say what you want about the other video games and this app being different. You have to really have your head up your ass to think for 1 logical second that this is smart. How freakin dumb R U? Look if this were another time maybe (maybe I give you) this would or could go over. But you dumb ass LePierre, you are a freaking retarded dumb ass. Like dam you stupid freaking dumb ass. Have you no logic in your freaking stupid brain of yours? Right now the whole subject is a sensitive matter and you just screwed your own ass by being so stupid.[/citation]
How is it stupid? When someone bullies another person to the point the person being bullied do we suspend freedom of speech? No.

This whole attack on gun rights is an excuse to control more people. If gun control worked, why are the most violent places the ones with the toughest gun control laws? It's like the silly comment Bob Costas made on Sunday Night Football when Jovan Belcher killed his girlfriend. He said she would still be alive if Belcher had not had a gun. Really? So Nichole Brown Simpson is alive because OJ didn't use a gun?

mstngs351

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009
It's obvious by the posters who are saying this is a hypocritical move have never been to a shooting range. You shoot paper or clay targets. You know, inanimate objects. Couple that with the fact that they are providing things like safety tips and it's nothing short a joke to even compare it to violent video games. Which, of course I enjoy the heck out of. In fact although this may be an informative game I'm sure it's boring.

grokem

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
I guess I disagree with everyone? I think the NRA's stance on video game and movie violence is absurd. This app is completely different than the games and movies that the NRA objects to so I don't think it's ironic or hypocritical that they released it. I also think gun control, at least in the US, is absurd.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]mugiebahar[/nom]Are u freakin kidding me? Say what you want about the whole gun debate. And say what you want about the other video games and this app being different. You have to really have your head up your ass to think for 1 logical second that this is smart. How freakin dumb R U? Look if this were another time maybe (maybe I give you) this would or could go over. But you dumb ass LePierre, you are a freaking retarded dumb ass. Like dam you stupid freaking dumb ass. Have you no logic in your freaking stupid brain of yours? Right now the whole subject is a sensitive matter and you just screwed your own ass by being so stupid.[/citation]
Rage much?

kanoobie

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2006
This game does not address real or simulated violence, but, due to recent tragedies, the NRA will get free press for their app.

I believe press about the NRA app shifts the focus from real social issues which involve real statistics, real violence (gun violence) and mental health (senseless killings) to simulated violence. Video game violence is a parenting issue about what we should or should not allow our kids to be exposed to; and since video games violence hasn't been proven to translate to real world violence there is no grounds to outlaw video games (its fine to rate them).

Outlawing guns will not get rid of guns or violence and outlawing video games will not replace the sound judgment found in good parenting. The best answer to our social issues will be somewhere in the middle where you will get the most number of people willing to live with the compromises.

cinergy

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Guns and shooting is just a game for them. I feel bad for your school shootouts. There will certainly be more of those with this kind of attitude.

mrmez

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
I blame video games entirely for every single act of violence.
After all, before video games nobody killed ANYONE.
Just look at WWII. Hitler was playing FPS' since he could sit in a chair! The result: 60+ million dead.

I mean... just look at the link. Gun homicides are just up, up, and out of control!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/Ushomicidesbyweapon.svg

Wait, what?
They aren't out of control. Firearm homicides have halved in the last 10 years, despite the population AND gun ownership growing. But how can that be?

Even the total number of violent crimes is down ~20% in the last 5 years according the the FBI, again, despite the increasing population.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/violent-crime/violent-crime-offense-figure

Scary stuff!

Why don't we worry about something that actually kills LOTS of people.
The CDC reports that ~44 people die EVERY HOUR in the USA due to smoking, and that excludes 2nd hand smoke. Thats a little under 400,000 deaths a year.
Or heart disease: 597,689
Cancer: 574,743
Hell, Influenza and Pneumonia kill 50,097 a year.
Or maybe look at motor vehicle fatalities, that took over 12,000 lives... in 1920.

Yet here we are, pi$$ing our pants about 11,000 firearm homicides a year.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]blackmancer[/nom]11000/365= someone shot dead in America every 48mins.Its hard to kill people when you can't buy a gun, dead simple.[/citation]
It's hard to kill people when you can't buy a gun? Really? Are you really that stupid?

Murder has been around as long as mankind has been. You sound as idiotic as Bob Costas. So many people blamed Belcher's murder of his girlfriend on the fact that he had a gun, however, people seem to forget OJ Simpson killed his ex wife with a knife. So I guess we should ban all butcher knives?

Or how about the fact that the places with the highest violent crime rates are places where you can not buy guns legally? Gun's are not the problem. Our devaluing human life is the problem. Even video games are not a root cause but a symptom of the problem. When kids grow up hearing about millions of babies aborted every year, when they hear the president of the United States say that someone should not get a pacemaker but be given a pill because they are too old, they get the distinct impression that human life is not worth much.

bigpinkdragon286

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2012
[citation][nom]blackmancer[/nom]11000/365= someone shot dead in America every 48mins.Its hard to kill people when you can't buy a gun, dead simple.[/citation]

How many of the crimes were committed by the purchaser of the gun?

Agree with wildkitten that we are seeing symptoms of the real problem manifesting themselves, and not the problem itself being dealt with. At what point did the value of human life become subjective?

G

Toms. I generally don't ever comment, but your "insight" is effing retarded in this case. What amounts to target shooting can hardly be construed as a violent video game.

It just shows blantant ignorance of about guns in general. Or perhaps you simply don't understand what the word "ironic" means.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008

O really?

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-20

Funny everybody is up in arms at 'assault rifles", but look at the stats closely.

This is just another thing of a bad thing happened to a large number of bodies and unfortunately kids so it brings about a knee jerk reaction out of everybody on both sides. Even thought there are far more things that you should be concerned about.

So concerned put my tax payer money to good use (instead of throwing it down the drain, giving it to countries that I could care less about, and/or pocketing it) and put police in the schools. Which shouldn't make kids afraid, but happy. Cops should be looked up to just like people look up to military personal (and yes I'm former military). Maybe even more so because they really are the ones that are trying to protect us from everyday threats. They simply get a bad rap because they gave you a ticket.

Pretty sad when we can spend so much on armed forces, and yet can't find away to keep a decent amount of cops around in the states due to cutbacks.

dozerman

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
[citation][nom]grokem[/nom]I guess I disagree with everyone? I think the NRA's stance on video game and movie violence is absurd. This app is completely different than the games and movies that the NRA objects to so I don't think it's ironic or hypocritical that they released it. I also think gun control, at least in the US, is absurd.[/citation]

Nah. You aren't alone. I've been thinking the same thing for awhile now.

Status
Not open for further replies.