Nvidia 745M error code 43 shows up after update. After uninstall and reinstall it's there for a second and then disappears.

DerpFergason

Estimable
Feb 14, 2014
So my driver had the exclamation mark with error code 43, control panel for it will not open and the nvidia experience says its having a problem. I decided to update it as the driver wasn't up to date. After the update it still showed the exclamation mark with the same error code. I read that uninstalling it then click scan for changes will fix the problem. After I did that it didn't have the exclamation mark. When I went to nvidia experience again it still said that there was a problem, but the exclamation mark wasn't there. I decided to then install the update yet again which cause the exclamation mark to appear again. Finally I decided to repeat my steps and uninstalled it. This time I decided to not install the update and run Shadow of Mordor to give it a decent test. Went to video options and notice that only Intel Graphics was being used and I couldn't change it. Then I headed over to device manager and saw that nvidia wasn't there at all. I clicked on check for changes hoping it would install it again. So then I reinstalled the driver yet again and now it's showing up, but with the exclamation mark again. After telling that long story, I just need to know if there's something I could do or is my gpu simply gone?

Solution
uninstall nvidia drivers from control panel completely. then reinstall the driver using latest driver package. no need to make any changes or modification on device manager. after that make sure the game will use your nvidia gpu when running games. from nvidia control panel there is option that will let you select which GPU you want to use per application. if problem still persist try doing clean driver uninstall using guru3d DDU

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

also if your laptop support optimus make sure intel graphic driver installed as well.

renz496

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
uninstall nvidia drivers from control panel completely. then reinstall the driver using latest driver package. no need to make any changes or modification on device manager. after that make sure the game will use your nvidia gpu when running games. from nvidia control panel there is option that will let you select which GPU you want to use per application. if problem still persist try doing clean driver uninstall using guru3d DDU

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

also if your laptop support optimus make sure intel graphic driver installed as well.

Solution