NVidia control panel locked

EverStorm

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
Hello! I have NVidia GeForce GT 540M 1GB and Intel HD Graphics 3000 in my laptop. My preffered graphics processor was NVidia around 6 months ago. But then I connected another monitor to the laptop via VGA and the preffered graphics processor locked to integrated graphics (in control panel and via right click). The only way to unlock it is to restore defaults but when I click apply it rollbacks the first settings so it doesn't let me change them. When I tryed to record via programs like obs, it blackscreens everything because it records the false gpu. And the only solution I found was nvidia inspector but it doesn't fix the problem at all. Solutions like reinstalling drivers with DDU or connecting and disconnecting the monitor don't work. I want to use my powerful gpu but how to fix it? Thanks for the future help!

Laptop Lenovo
GT 540M 1GB
Intel Core i3 2330M 2,2GHz
8 GB RAM
Windows 7 64 bit

Solution
Sorry for the lost time - I am so stupid!
I found that my laptop has a hardware switch for optimus and this switch was set to save power that locks the control panel. Thanks for help!

EverStorm

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017

The model is Lenovo IdeaPad Z570. I use nvidia inspector but it is too complicated and doesn't works always. It doesn't solve the problem at all - I don't know what can cause it - over five times of reinstalling the drivers and control panel and nothing changes.

EverStorm

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
Sorry for the lost time - I am so stupid!
I found that my laptop has a hardware switch for optimus and this switch was set to save power that locks the control panel. Thanks for help!

Solution

ibraheem.awad227

Prominent
Nov 22, 2017

hi.ihave the same problem and iwant the solution could u tell me how did u fix it? :??: