Nvidia Geforce 710M not detected by Windows 7 64-bit

Externizor

Commendable
Mar 13, 2016
I've been having a problem with the USB drives and so I decided to download a driver from Intel's official website.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Desktop-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility-

The problem was fixed partially but now my Nvidia GPU is no longer recognized. When I open Device Manager, under the "Other devices" category I see something called "3D Video Controller". Windows can't detect any updates for it and I believe it's the videocard. I went to the manufacturer's website but I can't seem to find anything useful.

Going to the Device Manager > Other Devices > 3D Vision Controller > Properieties > Update Driver > Next > Manually select drivers > Next > Display adapters > NVIDIA brings a list of drivers, including a lot of "NVIDIA Geforce 710M" ones.

Should I install this driver or look for something else? Windows is not sure if it's compatible but will try anyway. I'm pretty sure that "3D Vision Controller" is my videocard, but not 100% sure.

Sorry if this is considered as spam but the other topic was going into a completely differite dirrection and I'm really desperate to solve this problem. :S

MOTHERBOARD : Toshiba Satellite C55-A-1PX
CPU: i5 -4200M 2.50GHz
INTEGRATED GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600
DEDICATED GPU (the one that is not working): Nvidia Geforce 710M

Whenever I go to "Device Manager > Action > Add Legacy Hardware > Next > Install drive manually > Next > Show all devices > Nvidia' I see three drivers. Are these worth something?

NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller
NVIDIA nForce RAID Device
NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller

Solution

That's the laptop make & model, not the motherboard. Not really an issue as far as drivers are concerned for a laptop, but I thought you should be made aware.

The only drivers you should be installing for your laptop are those from the Toshiba support website which serves your country. Choose your country here: http://www.toshiba.co.jp/worldwide/region/index.html

To make sure you get the correct drivers for your particular laptop it's advisable to type in it's serial number in the appropriate box on the support page. The serial number should be printed on the underside of the laptop casing.

That's the laptop make & model, not the motherboard. Not really an issue as far as drivers are concerned for a laptop, but I thought you should be made aware.

The only drivers you should be installing for your laptop are those from the Toshiba support website which serves your country. Choose your country here: http://www.toshiba.co.jp/worldwide/region/index.html

To make sure you get the correct drivers for your particular laptop it's advisable to type in it's serial number in the appropriate box on the support page. The serial number should be printed on the underside of the laptop casing.

Solution