Obama's Super Secure Blackberry Nearly Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]techtre2003[/nom]Wonder how much it cost the taxpayers for the President to have his precious Blackberry?[/citation]
No more than it cost us originally for that Sectera, which was obviously developed for some other top official before Obama.

Unfortunately our government is full of excess. Did you know the Air Force is tasked with flying Nancy Pelosi and other politicians around on official business? How about every time you see your governor or mayor driving around in a new car? How about when they take a state police detail with them on Vacation? How about when congress votes themselves a new pay raise, even when the economy is tanking and millions are losing jobs and homes? How about the $700billion bailout and the additional trillions the Fed has loaned out?

Sorry to say, but Obama's blackberry isn't even a dimple on the government bloat.

G

It was his stimulus plan to himself. He is giving money to everyone else might as well help out numero uno.

Efrayim

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Who cares, he wants a blackberry that's secure that he can use. Everyone has come up with all these ideas of he has it how he got it....Just give up with the Obama and government bashing its really getting old around here. Theres thousands of other pages to do this on. This is a Tech site not a Political site....

Efrayim

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Efrayim[/nom]Who cares, he wants a blackberry that's secure that he can use. Everyone has come up with all these ideas of he has it how he got it....Just give up with the Obama and government bashing its really getting old around here. Theres thousands of other pages to do this on. This is a Tech site not a Political site....[/citation]
I meant who cares how he got.

researchthis

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Could you imagine the scene at the NSA?

OBAMA: "Hey, ummm... I want a few trained professional NSA employees to stop their special projects and national defense work for a few months so that they can work on a Super Blackberry for me."

NSA DIRECTOR: "Sir, it is extremely risky for a President to use a blackberry even if it is fully encrypted.

OBAMA: "Oh don't worry, I will only use it for personal use such as checking basketball scores"

NSA DIRECTOR: "Sir, do you think this is a wise use of our resources at this time?"

OBAMA: "I won"

(For those who don't know, "I won" is something Obama actually said to Republican lawmakers who were not onboard with his stimulus package, implying to them that he should get his way because he won the election. What a great uniter!)

techtre2003

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
[citation][nom]Efrayim[/nom]Who cares, he wants a blackberry that's secure that he can use. Everyone has come up with all these ideas of he has it how he got it....Just give up with the Obama and government bashing its really getting old around here. Theres thousands of other pages to do this on. This is a Tech site not a Political site....[/citation]

I care because it's needless spending. There was already a phone that had been developed that would have worked just fine. It reminds me of a little kid who already has a Wii and Xbox 360, but throws a fit because he wants a PS3.

Efrayim

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]researchthis[/nom] (For those who don't know, "I won" is something Obama actually said to Republican lawmakers who were not onboard with his stimulus package, implying to them that he should get his way because he won the election. What a great uniter!)[/citation]

If you watched the news and payed attention. He didn't Use those exact words....So you saying that he did is untrue. He just said in a more polite way to the Republicans. So if he really said that in those exact words then yes I would of that he was an asshole, but he didn't and that makes all the difference.

researchthis

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Efrayim[/nom]If you watched the news and payed attention. He didn't Use those exact words....So you saying that he did is untrue. He just said in a more polite way to the Republicans. So if he really said that in those exact words then yes I would of that he was an asshole, but he didn't and that makes all the difference.[/citation]

The event was NOT televised, not was audio made available. There are however dozens of articles from MSNBC, CNN, ABC, FOX, CBS, Politico, etc that confirm the quote. Google "I Win says Obama" and see for yourself. Don't tell me I didn't pay attention when you obiously fantasized a scenerio in which he said something different.

The nicest variation of the quote I have found says something along the lines of "the issue is settled because I won the election". Still not very classy.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
There is no such thing as a secure Blackberry. His Blackberry will always be vulnerable due to the nature of the device. Anything that transmits data can have that transmitted data tapped into. Its quite possible to track and even ease-drop into every conversation he has to anyone not connected on a secure line. Glad the Secret Service knew this could only be used for personal use.

69camaroSS

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006

Umm it's on the site.

rooseveltdon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
[citation][nom]69camaroSS[/nom]Great, so he can continue destroying our country in private.[/citation]
lol an apple fan boy and an obama hater at the same time i kinda figured u'd be like that camaro

Status
Not open for further replies.