Question Occasional BSOD and then getting PXE-E61, PXE-M0F errors on boot

Oct 5, 2020
I have a dell inspiron 15 3521 laptop, windows 10 installed. From the past few days, I sometimes get a blue screen of death (BSOD) and then get the PXE-E61and PXE-M0F errors on boot. After rebooting the laptop a few times, it turns back on fine.
One thing I have noticed is that when I open my BIOS during this time, the status of the HDD is shown as "Not detected".
I was searching over the internet and found that it could probably be due to a failing hard drive. But I have ran all the tests on the hard drive and none of them have shown the hard drive to be failing, all tests results came back normal.
The tests I tried included the built-in dell extended memory diagnostics, WMIC diskdrive get status, all SeaTools tests (since I have a SeaGate HDD), also ran chkdsk /r /f.

Can anyone identify what the problem really is or any solutions?

AlHuneke

Prominent
Jul 7, 2020
Many hard drives also keep what is called SMART data on the drive. There are various programs that can query this data and provide a history of read errors and such associated with the drive. If you haven't already examined the SMART data and it is available for your drive, that may provide some insights.

Oct 5, 2020
Many hard drives also keep what is called SMART data on the drive. There are various programs that can query this data and provide a history of read errors and such associated with the drive. If you haven't already examined the SMART data and it is available for your drive, that may provide some insights.

Hi AlHuneke,
Thanks for your response. I have already conducted a SMART test on my hard drive by using SeaTools which aprovided by its manufacturer

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 9
A Laptop Tech Support 14
G Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
rifty Laptop Tech Support 3
G Laptop Tech Support 6
M Laptop Tech Support 3
R Laptop Tech Support 15
G Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1