My problem is that the laptop won't boot sometimes (power led on but HDD activity- led not). Trying a second time,however poses no problems.
HP DV4 2103tu, 4gb ram, Win 10 Home, Core i3 330m
You should upgrade drivers of your laptop to latest versions.
Open Start -> Search for "device manager". Check display, hard drive and other drivers for update.
Also install all latest updates of Windows 10.
This should fix your problem.
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by making sure that you have the latest BIOS version installed.
- Here's the link for the latest BIOS version: http/ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51501-52000/sp51636.exe
- If the same problem will persist after installing the latest BIOS, do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics card driver.
- Check Programs and Features as well and uninstall anything related to the graphics card.
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed and test it again.
- If all these will not work I would suggest reinstalling Windows 10 as well.
- Do also try connecting an external monitor and see if it will display normally or not.