OCR HELP! OmniPage Professional 15 (BATCH Help!)

hongkongphuey

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
Ladies, Gents & Distinguished Geeks, (and anyone who has OCR skillz)

Okay, so here is my situation. I am trying to batch OCR some PDF's via the OmniPage Batch Manager. Every time I try and do so my software would freeze. So I did some digging and found what my problem was... Handwritten notes! DOH! Okay, so the software is trying to OCR the handwriting which in turn causes OP15 to crash on me. Point made. So the easy answer would be this, "Why not remove the handwritten files...?" Well if I tried to do that with all 15,000 PDF's then I might as well OCR each one of them manually which defeats my purpose of buying the software for batch processing. So, my next question is this...

Is there a way in the batch processing manager to enable the program to skip over a document it does not read nor understand? I'm searching far and low for any forums or user patches, WHATEVER to get past this and not have a $500 piece of paperweight to flaunt. Anyhelp is good help. Thanks in advance.

-HKP

Dr Smith

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
I have had similiar problem with ocr programs. We found one finally that works great www.synergydms.com.

Anyway hope this helps.

Dr Smith