News Oculus Quest 2 coming soon with these key upgrades

May 7, 2020
This article is way off as far as the Quest refresh rate and image clarity. Quest has one of the best displays of any VR set.

...and this from a simple Google search...

The Oculus Quest uses two diamond Pentile OLED displays, each with an individual resolution of 1440 × 1600 and a refresh rate of 72 Hz.

Mar 2, 2020
I think the quest controllers are horrible. The battery compartment opens constantly when trying to play games like beat saber.... Also not using rechargeable controllers in the first place makes them among the worst controllers i have used.

Jun 13, 2020
I partially agree; non-rechargeable batteries and the ridiculous positioning of the battery cover are definitely demerits (something I also learned while paying Beat Saber). Other personal gripes (coming from a guy who "upgraded" from a PSVR to a Quest) are that the controllers are WAAAAAAY too sensitive and jittery, and the haptic feedback/rumble is far too weak. (Or perhaps the Move controllers are far too strong?)

That said, at least the big problems are easily rectifiable: there are inexpensive grips on Amazon that both protect the battery cover and add an extra layer of grip, and I already have a bunch of rechargeable AAs on hand (although I understand that those are becoming less common in an age of lithium-ion). The tracking (jittery as it may be) is more consistently accurate than something like the Move controllers, with almost no errors during a long Beat Saber session (versus at least one error every song on the PSVR). I DID have my left controller flip out and fly off into space a few times in the span of three hours, but that's still better than the Move, which flips out almost every time you pass a controller in front of the headset (and god forbid you accidentally move out of the camera's FOV).

TL;DR: in spite of the flaws you mention, I dig the button layout, the tracking accuracy, and the distinct grip and trigger functions. I wouldn't say it's the worst controller, but it can definitely improve by a lot, and there are already ways to fix some of those issues.

Jul 6, 2020
I think the quest controllers are horrible. The battery compartment opens constantly when trying to play games like beat saber.... Also not using rechargeable controllers in the first place makes them among the worst controllers i have used.
That's strange, it's never happened to me yet, not once. I play a fair bit of Beat Saber. And my controllers are rechargable.. just get some yourself duh.

TRENDING THREADS