Oculus Rift-Like Goggles Plays See Through Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zepid

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
The "Oculus Rift problem" of having a closed environment is exceedingly simple to solve, and many have done so. Dual mounted cameras on the front. There are quite a few AR games built around this mod too, it isn't uncommon or unique.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
I wouldn't call that a "problem". If I'm immersing myself in a game using the oculus rift, I don't want any visuals of my outside environment.

If I wanted to see outside of my rift, I would rather take them off, or have the headset modified in a way where I could flip open the front of the device to see out of without having to take off my headset.

But cameras to see outside, while I'm in a game? lol. No thanks.

Zepid

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
I wouldn't call that a "problem". If I'm immersing myself in a game using the oculus rift, I don't want any visuals of my outside environment.

If I wanted to see outside of my rift, I would rather take them off, or have the headset modified in a way where I could flip open the front of the device to see out of without having to take off my headset.

But cameras to see outside, while I'm in a game? lol. No thanks.

I think you missed the point, such a setup was designed for applications where developers are simulating a 3D game environment, where the user can move around, being able to display a HUD or swap to real life or keep real life on the top right hand corner to make sure you don't crash into something is useful when testing or just a practical feature.

Not only that many games being made are for AR, augmented reality. Where we can display 3D computer generated images onto the surfaces of your house. It is a pretty cool experience frankly. You can turn your livingroom into the set of Toy Story or a strip club, whatever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.