Odd Teamspeak 3 problem

Allan_M

Estimable
Nov 26, 2015
So I have a brand new Asus ROG GL552 VW - DM210T gaming laptop with Windows 10, connecting to a D-Link DSL 2877-AL router. If I connect via an ethernet connection, I can connect to Teamspeak perfectly fine, with 100% stability.
However, if I attempt to connect via wifi, I get a connection for all of about 30 seconds, and then it drops out, and I cannot get it back up without restarting Teamspeak, with the same result.
The issue ONLY lies with Teamspeak, all my other gaming and internet is fine, though some sites are occasioanlly laggy, and the server I am connecting to is consistent in both cases. (even connecting to TS hosted servers causes problems).
This occurs regardless of whether I am connected to the 2.4 gHz or 5.2 gHz bands.
There are a few other wifi networks in the vicinity, which I have looked at via a wifi info program, to find out what channels they are on, and moved the channel of my 2.4 gHz connection to ensure that I am free of everyone else's connections. the 5.2 connection is the only 5.2 connection within view range of my wifi adapter on the laptop.
I am generally sitting within 5 m in direct line of sight to the router, to ensure the best possible connection.
I have run separate ping tests to the server, and get a completely stable return with no packet loss, and a ping around 65, but once I hit Teamspeak, it simply will not stay connected.
Obviously, I don't want to be playing wired from the laptop all the time, so I am hoping someone knows of something I may be missing in order to sort this out?

Allan_M

Estimable
Nov 26, 2015

revouninstaller doesn't see Teamspeak oddly. tried the router trick already, no luck. As I said, it is solely teamspeak having issues via wifi, nothing else has any dramas, whether or not Teamspeak is running or attempting to run.