Oddly Enough: Amazon Supplier Abandons Warehouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Drat, wish I had that kind of luck - I'd show up with a few cars and grab a ton of books... which would have given my wife a lifetime of entertainment! (She's the kind that goes through a book a day and thus buys them for $1-$3 at the discount stores.)

techtre2003

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
[citation][nom]baov[/nom]Is the picture related? They just unorderly tore down the place![/citation]

Yeah, check out the other pictures on the link in the article. Even if the books were free, that's really disrespectful.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Why can't these people treat it as a no-return library? Take what you need and put back those you don't need so the next person can take what he want. I wouldn’t be surprised if they started burning books just for fun. I am sure it will draw a lot of people to watch; the biggest book burning since World War II.

james_lankford

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2008
maybe the bonks weren't organized well and were in stacks to begin with, so people had to dig through the piles to find something they liked

aapocketz

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2007
when the business cost to hold, maintain, and sell the books is more than you can receive in revenue, you must close down. Removing the books is an added cost, and could probably cost tens of thousands of dollars to have them removed. Keep in mind these are second hand books. Do you know how many books your local public library throws away?

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
Yeah, they definitely went to town on that place. Apparently people showed up with caravans, trailers etc to take home as much as they possibly could. I'd like to think people were taking them home to read them but more than likely a lot of people probably sold them on to second-hand book shops in exchange for store credit/cash. That said, there was one college kid who managed t find nearly an entire set of encyclopedias and was having the best time trying to track down the missing few. So I guess some people had good clean fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.