''Officer Bubbles'' Suing YouTube, Commenters

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
Suing those who made comments on the video?! $1.2 million? LMFAO!!!! Do we who make comments on this news article about Officer Bubbles get sued too?!

eyefinity

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
"In the lawsuit, Josephs said that the cartoons and comments are "false and devastatingly defamatory.""

What a pussy. Be sure to send my details to his lawyers. If this is what US cops are like no wonder the crime rate is so high.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Then maybe you shouldn't be a douchebag cop who abuses his power. If you do, then expect public backlash you idiot.

That guy shouldn't be a police officer. "WAHHH, BUBBLES IN MY FACE, STOP OR IMMA ARREST YOU FOR ASSAULT!".

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
[citation][nom]supertrek32[/nom]America... The only place you can egomanically abuse your power and sue people for saying it's wrong. What a wonderful country we live in... Oi.[/citation]

"Adam Josephs, a constable with Toronto Police Department's 52 Division, "

Learn to read please.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Well, too bad. He is a public figure whether he wants it or not because of his questionable actions and morale.

As such, he can be subject to lampooning and satire, like many CEO's and politicians.

Stop being such a crybaby and suck it up! You brought it upon yourself.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]eyefinity[/nom]...If this is what US cops are like no wonder the crime rate is so high.[/citation]
Since when is the Toronto Police Department...the US cops?

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]supertrek32[/nom]America... The only place you can egomanically abuse your power and sue people for saying it's wrong. What a wonderful country we live in... Oi.[/citation]
Did you NOT read? This was in CANADA.
(And yes, I realize you could be referring to the entire continent, but in most cases, America = USA).

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
America...? Learn to read. Cop is from Toronto...

socalboomer

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
[citation][nom]XZaapryca[/nom]Yay! The 1st Amendment wins again! Wait, wut?[/citation]
Ummm - didn't realize Canada had a Bill of Rights. . .

TheWhiteRose000

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
xD

And people wonder why the world is going to the pits.
Officer Bubbles we Salute you fine sir...

Oh come on I can't say that with a strait face.
(Bursts into hysterical laughter)

I'm still laughing at the blowing bubbles gets your arrested for assault.

albion000

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Even if it were the US, the First Amendment only applies to *government* restriction of speech, smarties. This would have nothing, nothing, NOTHING to do with the First Amendment.

Status
Not open for further replies.